• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Generating client from WSDL only creating remote inteface

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I was given a WSDL to use to generate a client for use in my application. I generated a client from this wsdl using the tool built into Eclipse Juno, but it's only creating a remote interface, not a local one that I can actually use. When I try to use the code that's being generated, I'm getting the following exception when it tries to instantiate the EJB.

My belief is that the exception is occurring because I'm trying to invoke a remote interface from within my application. My first thought was to just create a new local interface and use that. The problem with dong that is that enough of the code generated uses java.rmi.Remote or throws java.rmi.RemoteException, that I would have to rewrite most of the code. I'm wondering if there's something I can change in the WSDL, or a flag I can set somewhere, to get Eclipse to generate local interfaces as well as remote? I looked through the wizard, and there's very few options, and I don't see any options for this.

Screaming fools! It's nothing more than a tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic