• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Choosing a self study course and training on demand course

Ranch Hand
Android Objective C Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi

All,

I was going through the step-2 of the ocmjd courses and gosh they are costing a bomb here in India(except for few things though). I came around these 2 courses

1) Java SE 7 New Features(Training on demand) costing 15k in INR
2) Developing Applications With the Java SE 6 Platform (Self study) around 10k INR

both of them costing 25k INR which should be quite a good combo considering the costs of other courses

Now comes the doubts part

1) do we get the self study course in a Compact Disc Rom or is it available for just viewing
2) Training on demand( is this like we buy the course and view the course vids for 2 days from the date of purchase)

Thanks

Krishnadhar

Ranch Hand
Android Netbeans IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Self study course would not cover requirements for the OCMJD, so you have to choose training on demand.

Training on Demand allows to watch training videos and labs for the course you choose. I think you have around 1 month to complete videos and labs. You may call your local oracle uan from oracle website to clear this.

Sheriff
Hibernate jQuery Eclipse IDE Spring MySQL Database AngularJS Tomcat Server Chrome Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

krishnadhar Mellacheruvu wrote:1) do we get the self study course in a Compact Disc Rom or is it available for just viewing

If you have a look at the official OCMJD webpage, you can read the following statement

Step 2 - Complete one of these courses. wrote:Courses can be instructor-led in-class (ILT), a live virtual class (LVC), training on demand (TOD), or Unlimited Learning Subscription. Self-study CD and online courses are great preparation tools, but do not fulfill the training requirement.

So clearly the Self study course will not fulfill the mandatory course requirement.

krishnadhar Mellacheruvu wrote:2) Training on demand( is this like we buy the course and view the course vids for 2 days from the date of purchase)

On the page of any of these courses, you can get more info about the different training formats. Here's the detailed information about Training On Demand (TOD):

Oracle University Training Formats wrote:Training On Demand (TOD):

You train online by watching recorded courses - anytime, anywhere. Access streaming lectures 24/7. TOD courses include whiteboarding and lab activities, with the ability to search video, pause or rewind. Courses are made available on a named user basis for a term of ninety (90) days from the effective date of your order.

Hope it helps!
Kind regards,
Roel

For my next trick, I'll need the help of a tiny ad ...
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic