• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

MyExamCloud mock tests: is it just me or it's totally crap?

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I've bought MyExamCloud/epractizelabs practice tests for OCP8 exam, and it comes with 5 exams:
- lots of grammatical errors
- some answers (sometimes even the right ones!!!) are missing
- the code is NEVER formatted (except for 1st exam), every line starts from 1st column. This makes the code impossible to read.
- answers are badly displayed, for example "<" and ">" are missing, their content too. This makes questions about generics impossible to answer.
- explanations refers to option "A" but while reading you realize that they're talking about option "B"
- their "cloud" platform often logs me out or freezes

That's frustrating! I'm losing a lot of time with this tests! Is it just work in progress or what? Did I just waste my money? Do you have any idea or similar experience with this tests?

Sheriff
Hibernate jQuery Eclipse IDE Spring MySQL Database AngularJS Tomcat Server Chrome Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi marios rossis,

First of all, a warm welcome to CodeRanch!

marios rossis wrote:That's frustrating! I'm losing a lot of time with this tests! Is it just work in progress or what? Did I just waste my money? Do you have any idea or similar experience with this tests?

Sad to hear you have such a bad experience with these mock tests! As far as I know you are the first one reporting complaints. This definitely doesn't mean it's just you, it's probably related to the popularity of the mock exams. In the mock exam software universe, Enthuware is probably the best and most popular choice as if offers excellent quality for your money. So most certification exam aspirants will buy nothing but the Enthuware mock exam software and therefore you'll find very little feedback about other mock exam software.
On the downside, you might have wasted your money on these mock exams (maybe you can get a refund if you complain about the lack of quality). On the positive side, if you consider buying the Enthuware mock exams, its price will probably not be an issue as it's only 10 bucks. And on the OcajpWallOfFame you'll find nothing but positive reviews about this mock exam software.

And if it's really so poor as you have mentioned, I would not waste my time anymore on using these mock exams.

Hope it helps!
Kind regards,
Roel

PS. I added this topic to the OCPJP forum as well in an attempt to get more feedback about these mock exams.

author
jQuery Eclipse IDE Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I've had similar experiences with OCP 8 practice exam websites, in part because the material is so new. Even though Jeanne and I wrote the Sybex OCP 8 book, I still wanted some fresh questions for when I took the beta (aka questions I did not write) to practice with. Unfortunately, a lot of the material I came across was sloppily put together and/or copied and pasted from OCP 7. The new OCP 8 exam relies on streams in a big way, and practice exams need to recognize that. I also found that a lot of the exams covered material from the OCP 7 exam, which is no longer on the OCP 8 version of the exam.

We did include 3 online exams (60 questions per exam) when you purchase our book. I can't say it's completely without error, we're improving them every day, but they were all created fresh for the OCP 8 version of the exam.

marios rossis
Greenhorn
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Roel De Nijs wrote:Enthuware is probably the best and most popular choice as if offers excellent quality for your money.

Enthuware was my first choice, I bought the tests and I'm literally studying every single question as part of my study plan. I didn't mention it in my first post because I didn't want my comments to seem like a commercial for a brand against another, but you did it first, so... =)
Enthuware quality is great, you can suggest corrections and discuss questions on their forum, where you can be sure to get an answer the same or next working day, I've done this a lot. They offered me a refund to thank me for my contribution, but I told them they deserve every single cent I paid.
MyExamCloud, well... is very disappointing. And I paid it more than double.

Scott Selikoff wrote:Even though Jeanne and I wrote the Sybex OCP 8 book, I still wanted some fresh questions for when I took the beta (aka questions I did not write) to practice with.

Whoa!! You cannot just appear here and reply to my post as if you were some random guy! You're my (virtual) favorite teacher, your books are pure gold, my source of knowledge, my creed, my light at the end of the tunnel!

I've studied since summer to pass the OCP8 exam, I've bought your OCP7 book since the OCP8 one was yet to be released. I needed to compile a spreadsheet looking carefully at every single change in the topics list of 7 and 8 version to be sure, so yes, I can confirm that many practice tests still have questions about subjects removed from OCP8 exam.

But well, what I'm seeing in myexamcloud falls outside of any acceptable imprecision.

Scott, great job with your books!

Roel De Nijs
Sheriff
Hibernate jQuery Eclipse IDE Spring MySQL Database AngularJS Tomcat Server Chrome Java
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

marios rossis wrote:MyExamCloud, well... is very disappointing. And I paid it more than double.

Expensive is not always better

marios rossis wrote:I've bought your OCP7 book since the OCP8 one was yet to be released.

As far as I know, Scott (and Jeanne) didn't write an OCP7 study guide. The OCA8 study guide was their first book, and recently their second study guide (for OCP8) was released.

marios rossis
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Roel De Nijs wrote:As far as I know, Scott (and Jeanne) didn't write an OCP7 study guide. The OCA8 study guide was their first book, and recently their second study guide (for OCP8) was released.

You're right, I messed with names/codes. I bought OCA8 book and OCP7!

Roel De Nijs
Sheriff
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

marios rossis wrote:I bought OCA8 book and OCP7!

You might be interested to know that next week there is a book promo of Jeanne and Scott their OCP8 study guide. So if you ask a few questions in the OCPJP fprum, you might be lucky and win your own copy

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic