• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

need guidance & help.

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I M NEW here.i want to give ocpjp xms..i dont have any idea about syllabus and confused about the version should i give ocpjp v6 or the two exms in v7 ? guide me please.i aslo want to know how to start preparing ..from which source ?

Sheriff
Hibernate jQuery Eclipse IDE Spring MySQL Database AngularJS Tomcat Server Chrome Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Aakashraj Gupta,

First of all, a warm welcome to CodeRanch!

Aakashraj Gupta wrote:I M NEW here.i want to give ocpjp xms..i dont have any idea about syllabus and confused about the version should i give ocpjp v6 or the two exms in v7 ? guide me please.

It all depends what's important to you (e.g. money, available resources,...). In this thread you'll find an overview of all possible paths (OCPJP6, OCAJP7+OCPJP7 or OCAJP8+OCPJP8) you could take to become an OCPJP certified Java programmer. And this thread also contains some valuable information about which OCA version to choose. So I would advice to read these threads and if you still have questions or doubts, just hit the reply button and let us know!
In short: if money is really an issue and you can only afford to take one exam, you should opt for OCPJP6. Otherwise opt for OCAJP8+OCPJP8 track (which is the latest and greatest), unless you have a very good reason to opt for the OCAJP7+OCPJP7 track.

Aakashraj Gupta wrote:i aslo want to know how to start preparing ..from which source ?

In the OcajpFaq (besides other very useful information) and this thread you'll find an overview of all available resources (study guides, mock exams,...) to thorougly prepare yourself for the certification exam. And on the OcajpWallOfFame you'll find plenty of (links to) experiences from other ranchers (including resources they have used). So it can be useful to determine which resources are useful (and which are not).

Hope it helps!
Kind regards,
Roel

Ranch Hand
Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
hello akash .. welcome to coderanch
as i already told you that this is the perfect place to hangout for learners , enjoy the java family. feeling Good to refer you this awesome website
happy learning
all the very best

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic