• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Murach's Android Programming: Chapter 1 question

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator

Joel Murach wrote:Thanks everybody for the warm welcome. It feels good to be roaming the ranch today.

Hello Author
A very simple question as to how to make your examples chapter 1. program get executed under jdk1.5.0_03 since there are
many things to take care after placing the java.prg from android first chapter as for example class path,lib,etc.In short how to easily
connect the program with its different folders of android in the most easy way for program execution.Even professional books on
extreme programming does not explain this .s ie how to place in my IDE in an easy & syncronising way (as is basis) to get the output
Thanks

As
CRMK

Author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
The appendixes of my book provide detailed directions on how to configure an environment for Android development on Windows, Mac OS X, or Linux systems. They show how to install JDK 1.8, but I'm pretty sure JDK 1.5 would work fine too if there's some reason you don't want to install JDK 1.8.

In short, the steps are...

1. Download and install the source code for this book from murach.com
2. Download and install the Java SE JDK (we recommend 1.8, but you can use an older version if you want)
3. Download and install Android Studio
4. Start Android Studio and use the SDK Manager to install the Android 4.1.2 SDK (the version of Android that most of the apps in this book target)
5. Configure an Android device for testing (turn on developer options, turn on USB debugging, and connect to your computer with a USB cable)

I hope this answers your question!

With a little knowledge, a cast iron skillet is non-stick and lasts a lifetime.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic