• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

OCMJEA-Master Assignment appeared passed in CertView but no mail

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,
I did my first OCMJEA exam -IZO-807(which is Java 6) in Sept 2015 and passed. I purchased my assignment during that time and submitted by December.
Also I did my essay in 1st week of Jan but there was no mail from Oracle about the outcome. Last week I attended mandatory training(webservices) from Oracle.

When I checked CertView today, really surprised to see the assignment I passed with 146(pass score is 114) but didn't receive any mail. Also it is showing as "1Z0-865 Java Enterprise Edition 5 Enterprise Architect Certified Master Assignment" .... Can I now apply for OCMJEA6 certification now(but the assignment shows JAVA EE 5)?

Second issue is, my essay is still shows as Taken(1Z0-866 Java Enterprise Edition 5 Enterprise Architect Certified Master Essay) . Is there a separate score for essay? or can I apply for the final certification now?

Many thanks in advance for your help

Tom

Bartender
Android Mac OS X Firefox Browser Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Tom Jos wrote:Hi,
I did my first OCMJEA exam -IZO-807(which is Java 6) in Sept 2015 and passed. I purchased my assignment during that time and submitted by December.
Also I did my essay in 1st week of Jan but there was no mail from Oracle about the outcome. Last week I attended mandatory training(webservices) from Oracle.

When I checked CertView today, really surprised to see the assignment I passed with 146(pass score is 114) but didn't receive any mail. Also it is showing as "1Z0-865 Java Enterprise Edition 5 Enterprise Architect Certified Master Assignment" .... Can I now apply for OCMJEA6 certification now(but the assignment shows JAVA EE 5)?

Second issue is, my essay is still shows as Taken(1Z0-866 Java Enterprise Edition 5 Enterprise Architect Certified Master Essay) . Is there a separate score for essay? or can I apply for the final certification now?

Many thanks in advance for your help

Tom

Congrats on achieving OCMJEA6. The status of the essay will remain "TAKEN". Only the assignment's status will be PASS/FAIL.

Since you did mandatory training, do remember to submit the course form. Without it, Oracle will not say you have completed the cert. You can do this through CertView contacting CS. Once they approve the training, the exam history will have a new row saying architect training or similar.

The title of the assignment/essay is not important because it meant to be version independent.

Tom Jos
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks Tsang for the reply. I have applied for the course verification 2 days before. Any Idea where I can see the status? I couldnt trace anywhere the progress on that.
Once the course approved by oracle, OCMJEA6 will appear in my certification list?

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Tom Jos and K. Tsang,

I submitted the assignment and I done the essay on 5/02/2016. Do you think that to have a feedback (pass or fail) I need to take before the mandatory training?
My thought was to wait for the feedback and after to take the mandatory training. What do you think?

Thanks in advance,
Angelo

K. Tsang
Bartender
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Mimmo Ludovico wrote:
I submitted the assignment and I done the essay on 5/02/2016. Do you think that to have a feedback (pass or fail) I need to take before the mandatory training?
My thought was to wait for the feedback and after to take the mandatory training. What do you think?

Thanks in advance,
Angelo

You don't need to wait for the result before you do the training. Without the training, you aren't certified in Oracle point of view.

As for the results, do wait for to 4-6 weeks. If you are lucky, within 2 weeks.

K. Tsang
Bartender
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Tom Jos wrote:Thanks Tsang for the reply. I have applied for the course verification 2 days before. Any Idea where I can see the status? I couldnt trace anywhere the progress on that.
Once the course approved by oracle, OCMJEA6 will appear in my certification list?

You surely can't trace it. You just know you submitted it and you should get a email saying that.

Normally this verification is quite quick, within a day or 2. Since today (2/15) is US holiday, so another day or 2.

Tom Jos
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Mimmo Ludovico wrote:Hi Tom Jos and K. Tsang,

Thanks in advance,
Angelo

I am not sure , but they may not publish your result until you attend the mandatory training?

I did my essay on 9th Jan but I could see the result just after updating the course details. May be just coincidence?

Mimmo Ludovico
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

K. Tsang wrote:

Mimmo Ludovico wrote:

Thanks in advance,
Angelo

You don't need to wait for the result before you do the training. Without the training, you aren't certified in Oracle point of view.

As for the results, do wait for to 4-6 weeks. If you are lucky, within 2 weeks.

Hi K. Tsang,

What I understood from reading the post on this website is that to take the mandatory training was mandatory only as final step to have a certification after that you passed everything (865 and 866). So the question is: can I wait the feedback (pass or fail) and after take some mandatory course or do I need to take first the mandatory course and after have a feedback for the 865 and 866?

K. Tsang
Bartender
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi Mimmo

The training actually can be done anytime (before, during/in between or after). Oracle's cert page does mention to take the training first then the MC exam then assignment/essay then form submission.

Honestly the order is flawed. Even for the exams!

As long as you do all those (in any order), Oracle will give you the cert.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic