• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Using an XSLT Style Sheet to convert X3D files to X3DV files

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I'm trying to convert X3D files into X3DV files for a project that I'm building in Java. I have Xj3D installed onto the Netbeans IDE and I can convert an X3DV file to be an X3D file by using Xj3D, however, I can't seem to convert X3D files to be X3DV files and I have two XSLT StyleSheets downloaded named X3dToVrml97 and X3dToX3dvClassicVrmlEncoding and I also have a Windows Batch file called X3dToX3dvClassicVrmlEncoding. So I was wondering how I'd use those files to convert the X3D files that I have into X3DV files. The version of X3D-Edit that I have installed in the Netbeans IDE I have is X3D-Edit 3.3 and the version of Netbeans that I have is Netbeans 8.1. There's a problem as when I go to 'Export from X3D' in the X3D dropdown menu, a pop up window then appears asking which X3D files I'd like to select, but the box is empty and there is a handful of X3D files within the Netbeans project.

Marshal
Eclipse IDE Firefox Browser MySQL Database
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Matthew Yeend wrote:There's a problem as when I go to 'Export from X3D' in the X3D dropdown menu, a pop up window then appears asking which X3D files I'd like to select, but the box is empty and there is a handful of X3D files within the Netbeans project.

If it's a regular file-chooser dialog, then presumably it's starting in your current working directory and the files are in some other directory (inside your Netbeans project). In that case you'd just navigate to the directory where the files are and choose them.

Although I find it a bit strange that a menu item named "Export from X3D" is asking for files to be input. I would expect it to be asking for a folder to export files to.

Matthew Yeend
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
When I'm importing them into the project, it's the regular file-chooser dialogue where you start in the current working directory. There's an 'Import from X3D'. But when I go to the 'Export from X3D' and go to the appropriate selection that brings up the dialogue box, it comes up with a black box titled 'Please choose .x3d file(s)'

Matthew Yeend
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
If you click here then you'll see what I mean by having a blank dialogue box appearing

Matthew Yeend
Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
It's still not working.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic