• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Useful resources for exam aspirants

Greenhorn
Eclipse IDE Chrome Java
  • Likes 6
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,

I am an OCPJP 8 exam aspirant. I came across this exam reference card http://www.slideshare.net/HarikiranG/ocp-java-ocpjp-8-exam-quick-reference-card which helps to quickly refresh what we have learnt so far. Please point me to any other such resources which will be handy before taking the exam.

P.S: I have gone through the list of resources on this forum.

Cheers.

MyExamCloud Software Support
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
The study materiel looks pretty good. If you add at least 1 sample question on each chapter will be more useful.

author & internet detective
Eclipse IDE VI Editor Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Welcome to CodeRanch! That's great. If you have a moment, feel free to edit the wiki to add this as a resource.

John Ed
Greenhorn
Eclipse IDE Chrome Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks Jeanne for your suggestion. I tried my best but kept on getting this error message, not sure why:

We're sorry, but your post appears to contain abbreviations that we don't like people to use at the Ranch. Because JavaRanch is an international forum, many of our members are not native English speakers. For that reason, it's important that we all try to write clear, standard English, and avoid abbreviations and SMS shortcuts. See here for more of an explanation. Thanks for understanding.

If the abbreviation occurs within code, you can use code tags to post it successfully. If the abbreviation is a variable name, you can use the tt tag.

Sheriff
Hibernate jQuery Eclipse IDE Spring MySQL Database AngularJS Tomcat Server Chrome Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Hi John Ed,

First of all, a warm welcome to CodeRanch!

John Ed wrote:I am an OCPJP 8 exam aspirant. I came across this exam reference card http://www.slideshare.net/HarikiranG/ocp-java-ocpjp-8-exam-quick-reference-card which helps to quickly refresh what we have learnt so far.

Thanks for sharing this resource Have a cow!

John Ed wrote:Please point me to any other such resources which will be handy before taking the exam.

Did you already consider some OCPJP8 study guides? I'm wondering if Oracle will create a similar tutorial for the Java 8 certifications as this one for Java 7.

Kind regards,
Roel

Roel De Nijs
Sheriff
Hibernate jQuery Eclipse IDE Spring MySQL Database AngularJS Tomcat Server Chrome Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Jhonson Fernando wrote:If you add at least 1 sample question on each chapter will be more useful.

A quick reference card is intended to be able to quickly refer to the main/key content of the different chapters, not to provide sample questions.

Roel De Nijs
Sheriff
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

John Ed wrote:Thanks Jeanne for your suggestion. I tried my best but kept on getting this error message, not sure why:

I've updated the wiki and added the resource for you.

John Ed
Greenhorn
Eclipse IDE Chrome Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Roel De Nijs wrote:Did you already consider some OCPJP8 study guides?

Not yet Roel De Nijs. I had a look at the exam syllabus and I thought to study on my own for now.

Roel De Nijs wrote:I've updated the wiki and added the resource for you.

Thanks for taking time and adding it to the wiki.

Regards
John

Roel De Nijs
Sheriff
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

John Ed wrote:

Roel De Nijs wrote:Did you already consider some OCPJP8 study guides?

Not yet Roel De Nijs. I had a look at the exam syllabus and I thought to study on my own for now.

Wow! That's really very ambitious and probably very time consuming as well. I would recommend purchasing an OCPJP study guide as a reference. Otherwise you might risk wasting lots of precious time on things which are not on the exam, and you might not cover some topics/concepts which are on the exam. And if you use online resources, you might also need to confirm the material is spot-on, otherwise you might learn important concepts wrongly.

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic