• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Read messages from Apache Kafka and import it into Titan Graph Database

Ranch Hand
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi,
I am trying to read messages from a Kafka topic via a slightly modified version of this Kafka Java Consumer app and to then ultimately import the Json-formatted messages into Titan Graph Database. While I am OK with reading from the Kafka topic, I am not sure how to go about importing the messages into Titan. Can you point me to the right direction? Are there any useful example online? Another question is how to implement a correct separation of concerns in the architectural/modelling phase. The way I see if that I should have the following classes:

1) One class that is simply an implementation of the Kafka Consumer
2) One class that provides access to the database and load the messages into the Titan instance (e.g. Loader.java - do I need to split the access to the db from the actual messages loading?)
3) One class that acts as the controller invoking both the Kafka Consumer app and the Loader

What is your view? Does it sound reasonable? Any input, advice, suggestion is more than welcome - I find this task quite challenging at the moment!

Thank you for your help,

I.

I am displeased. You are no longer allowed to read this tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic