• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Eclipse not locating a text file

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I am at a complete loss as to what my issue is here. I have used the full path in a filereader and I'm still getting a file not found exception. Here is a picture of both what I've put in for filereader along with where the file is located according to its properties. Any help would be appreciated!

I have also recreated the file, reimported it into the project folder, and tried it with and without .txt on the end.

Ranch Hand
Eclipse IDE Python Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator

Spencer Chafin wrote:I am at a complete loss as to what my issue is here. I have used the full path in a filereader and I'm still getting a file not found exception. Here is a picture of both what I've put in for filereader along with where the file is located according to its properties. Any help would be appreciated!

I have also recreated the file, reimported it into the project folder, and tried it with and without .txt on the end.

Am I right that you have a file named "StudentData" in a directory named "StudentData"? It seems you are trying to access the folder instead of the file. Also is there any reason you're not using a file extension? If I'm incorrect about my assumption try to move the file to c:\ directly and try to access it from there.

Don't MAKE me come back there with this tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, that will fit in a stocking
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic