• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Large bitmap downscaling referring to an image that is in my gallery

Ranch Hand
Android Python Open BSD VI Editor Slackware
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
found a lot of documentation on how to load large Bitmaps and avoid outofmemory exception. but the problem is that I have to take the image from my MediaStore.Images.media so the classical decodeFile(path,options) indicated in the google documentation does not work to me

As you can see below I decommented the line // Bitmap photo= Mediastore.Images, that is the one that triggers the out of memory. on the other side adding the line Bitmap bm=BitmapFactory.decodeFile(selectedImageToUri,options) return null, although the compiler can see both the path in selectedImageToUri( that indicates the content provider where the pics are) than the options value, that I set to 8, because I want to subscale all the images

My question is how can I insert in bm the bitmap that is referring to the image selected by the user in the gallery. in the line BitMap photo does not return null and work really well, but I decommented because after I change a couple of images gives me outofmemory exception

Giovanni Montano
Ranch Hand
Android Python Open BSD VI Editor Slackware
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I resolved overloading a the BitmapFactory method passing three arguments(including options) in a specific implementation inside the class

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic