• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

JSF classloading issue with weblogic version 12.2

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I am using jsf2.0 version in my application. But at runtime jsf version 2.2 file is getting downloaded.
weblogic.xml file is deployed in our application. This issue is specific to version 12.2.Same application files tested with weblogic 12.1 working fine.
Thanks.

Saloon Keeper
Android Eclipse IDE Tomcat Server Redhat Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I am afraid I do not understand you.

Recent editions of WebLogic, like all JEE-compliant full-stack webapp containers have a particular version of JSF built into WebLogic itself. Which version of JSF depends on which version of WebLogic you are using.

shivam verma
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Thanks for the reply. But I don't want to use jsf version built into WebLogic server.I am using my own jsf-impl.jar of version 2.0 which is deployed in application web-inf/lib location.
My application is not picking jsf-impl.jar from web-inf/lib application location but picked from somewhere else from the server and jar picked is of version 2.2.checked from jsf.js loading in browser at runtime.

As per my understanding weblogic.xml file is used to handle such cases in weblogic but same is not working in this particular version.

Tim Holloway
Saloon Keeper
Android Eclipse IDE Tomcat Server Redhat Java Linux
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Yes, you can instruct WebLogic to use an override version of JSF.

And originally this was done by including the JSF implementation library you wanted in the WAR along with some special directives in web.xml.

I just checked the latest docs, however, and it looks like they're no longer doing it that way. From what I can see, WLS now comes with legacy versions of JSF pre-installed and I think that you can also install your own JSF implementations in the WLS server common library set instead of in the WAR. The decision on which JSF implementation to use is now done in the weblogic.xml file rather than the WEB-INF/web.xml file.

For more information: https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17904_01/web.1111/e13712/configurejsfandjtsl.htm

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic