• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Weblogic 8.1 Pool Connection Error

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: weblogic/jdbc/wrapper/PoolConnection
Name URL Driver Classname Deployed
recordsConn jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/test com.mysql.jdbc.Driver true
it always died on the line Connection con = ds.getConnection();
where ds is the datasource, the datasource and pool connection is up and running and i have set the CLASSPATH for the mySQL database connector jar file, so what could be wrong ?

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies

Originally posted by Ed Phua:

Name URL Driver Classname Deployed
recordsConn jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/test com.mysql.jdbc.Driver true

it always died on the line Connection con = ds.getConnection();
where ds is the datasource, the datasource and pool connection is up and running and i have set the CLASSPATH for the mySQL database connector jar file, so what could be wrong ?

1) http://commerce.bea.com/showproduct.jsp?family=WLP&major=8.1&minor=4

2)Make sure you add your JDBC drivers to the beginning of CLASSPATH in either setDomainenv.cmd or setEnv.cmd

3)What really helped was BEA support and playing with BEA's JDBC example that shows how to create and deploy and use a data source.

http://dev2dev.bea.com/codelibrary/code/examples_jdbc.jsp

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
I'm also getting the same problem when i'm trying to conect to my sql db

<May 10, 2006 6:01:57 PM IST> <Info> <JDBC> <BEA-001068> <Connection for pool "mySqlPool" created.>
<May 10, 2006 6:01:57 PM IST> <Info> <JDBC> <BEA-001132> <Initialized statement cache of size "10" for connection in pool "mySqlPool".>
<May 10, 2006 6:01:57 PM IST> <Info> <Common> <BEA-000628> <Created "1" resources for pool "mySqlPool", out of which "1" are available and "0" are unavailable.>
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Ljava.lang.String;[BIILjava.security.ProtectionDomain Ljava.lang.Class;(Unknown Source)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Ljava.lang.String;[BIILjava.security.CodeSource Ljava.lang.Class;(SecureClassLoader.java:123)
at weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.findLocalClass(Ljava.lang.String Ljava.lang.Class;(GenericClassLoader.java:480)
at weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.findClass(Ljava.lang.String Ljava.lang.Class;(GenericClassLoader.java:182)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Ljava.lang.String;Z)Ljava.lang.Class;(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Ljava.lang.String Ljava.lang.Class;(Unknown Source)
at weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.loadClass(Ljava.lang.String Ljava.lang.Class;(GenericClassLoader.java:224)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassFromNative(II)Ljava.lang.Class;(Unknown Source)
at jrockit.vm.Classes.forName0(Ljava.lang.String;ZI)I(Unknown Source)
at jrockit.vm.Classes.forName(Ljava.lang.String;ZLjava.lang.ClassLoader Ljava.lang.Class;(Optimized Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Ljava.lang.String;ZLjava.lang.ClassLoader Ljava.lang.Class;(Unknown Source)
at weblogic.utils.classloaders.GenericClassLoader.defineCodeGenClass(Ljava.lang.String;[BLjava.net.URL Ljava.lang.Class;(GenericClassLoader.java:776)
at weblogic.utils.classfile.utils.CodeGenerator.generateClass(Ljava.lang.ClassLoader Ljava.lang.Class;(CodeGenerator.java:97)
at weblogic.utils.wrapper.WrapperFactory.generateWrapperClass(Ljava.lang.Class;Ljava.lang.Class;Ljava.lang.ClassLoader Ljava.lang.Class;(WrapperFactory.java:402)
at weblogic.utils.wrapper.WrapperFactory.getWrapperClass(Ljava.lang.String;Ljava.lang.Object;ZZ)Ljava.lang.Class;(WrapperFactory.java:237)
at weblogic.utils.wrapper.WrapperFactory.getWrapperClass(Ljava.lang.String;Ljava.lang.Object;Z)Ljava.lang.Class;(WrapperFactory.java:200)
at weblogic.jdbc.wrapper.JDBCWrapperFactory.getWrapper(ILjava.lang.Object;Z)Ljava.lang.Object;(JDBCWrapperFactory.java:163)
at weblogic.jdbc.pool.Driver.allocateConnection(Lweblogic.jdbc.common.internal.ConnectionEnv Ljava.sql.Connection;(Driver.java:248)
at weblogic.jdbc.pool.Driver.connect(Ljava.lang.String;Ljava.util.Properties Ljava.sql.Connection;(Driver.java:164)
at weblogic.jdbc.jts.Driver.getNonTxConnection(Ljava.lang.String;Ljava.util.Properties Ljava.sql.Connection;(Driver.java:509)
at weblogic.jdbc.jts.Driver.connect(Ljava.lang.String;Ljava.util.Properties Ljava.sql.Connection;(Driver.java:139)
at weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.RmiDataSource.getConnection()Ljava.sql.Connection;(RmiDataSource.java:305)

when i test my connection it says successful but when i try to get connection from datasource in java it fails.one thing i would like to mention is that i'm not using any password for the DB ? Can that be a issue.

Bookmark Topic Watch Topic