• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Websphere ESB and Process Server

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi All,

I have a question regarding a new project I got into involving WebSphere App Server, ESB, and Process Server. How does all these technology work together?

Does the Process Server includes the ESB and the ESB includes the App Server? What is each product used for? Please let me know if I am right on this. The App Server is used to deploy the applications, ESB for routing messages, and Process Server for providing business process management?

Can someone give me a scenerio or use case to make me understand this better? in terms of flow or sequence diagram?

Any good documentation or link for this info? I couldnt find much on it.

THANKS!!!

author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Actually you've got it almost all right. WebSphere Process Server is built on top of WebSphere Enterprise Services Bus, which is built on top of WebSphere Application Server. And yes, you even have what each product does correct also.

The best place to look for scenarios that describe how these are used in in the IBM Redbooks. This redbook describes a BPM scenario that shows you how to use WPS, how to deploy applications to it, etc. This redbook will help you get started with Websphere ESB. Finally, this redbook shows you how to implement and deploy services for WebSphere Application Server.

Good luck! There's a lot to learn, but these are good places to start.

A teeny tiny vulgar attempt to get you to buy our stuff
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic