• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Apache Virtual Host

Ranch Hand
Mac OS X IntelliJ IDE Chrome
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Ok all you Apache Guru's. I was setting up an Apache Web Server at home on RH9. Had no problems building and installing as I have done this numerous times. The problems I had were when it came to Virtual Hosts.
I had setup a Virtual Host for the directory /home/gdboling/www/html. This is not a Userdir mind you, but a <VirtualHost>. So I kept getting the 403 Forbidden message.
So, as root, I made a new path called /www/domain.com and pointed my Virtual Host at that path, and it worked just fine.
I had tried changing the folder permissions to 755 and 777 in /home/gdboling/.... but that did not seem to change anything.
So my question is, why would I have access via the web to a folder I created as ROOT but not to another folder that is for a general user?
Thanks.

If you open the box, you will find Heisenberg strangling Shrodenger's cat. And waving this tiny ad:
a bit of art, as a gift, the permaculture playing cards
https://gardener-gift.com
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic