• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Help ! SysDeo strange behavior (V3 and V3.1)

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I am having terrible trouble with the Sysdeo plug-in (Tomcat 5.0 and Eclipse 3.0.2). I can create my application and install the plug-in and it all runs just fine (that is the first time). Then I make some arbitrary change like entering a space character, the project rebuilds, and suddenly Tomcat fails with the following error:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.servlet.jsp.PageContext.getVariableResolver()Ljavax/servlet/jsp/el/VariableResolver;

Strangely the JSP has not changed, it worked before, there were no path changes, so why the heck can't it find the jar file anymore? I looked at my .tomcatplugin and my .classpath and they have not changed. What could possibly be the problem, and how does SysDeo set the classpath.

I have tried putting every jar file I can think of in the DevLoader class path, all to no avail. In any case the original class path worked fine until I entered that blank space. Seems that I can create the project over again by dragging all of the files into a new project and configuring it for the plug-in, I just can't make any changes. As soon as I make a change DevLoader falls apart. Any ideas?

Karen Appleby
Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I have a little more information on this now. It appears that the stop Tomcat action does not do a clean stop under Eclipse. If I shutdown Eclipse, sometimes I have to do this twice, and sometimes Eclipse hangs and I have to kill the process. In any case when I get a clean restart of Eclipse the Tomcat application starts working again. Anyone else having trouble with the stop function of this plug-in?

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic