• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

what's happened to mod_jk2-2.0.43.dll I can't get it anywhere

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I am seriously hacked off with the inability of people to document properly and not leave off the most important facts. I am trying to get two Apache products (Tomcat and web server) to talk and be nice together on Win2003. I know and understand the process totally but I will bet anyone my pension that they can not find the correct .dll binary on the official Apache/Jakarta site.

http://www.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/jk/binaries/win32/jk-1.2.23/

does NOT give a .dll download only .so files. Never mind the fact that one would have thought that there would be a webserver AND jsp container rolled into one and pre-configured by now: click to download and install for your OS. No wonder people are shunning JSP technology in favour of easier architectures. My clients do not pay me to set up the architecture, they pay me to code and produce working solutions to their problems. The amount of time I have spent on getting BASIC architecture to work on JSP/J2EE is a joke. I could have completed the project in PHP and be sitting on the beach by now.

Can someone PLEASE TELL ME WHERE TO GET THIS **&^^%$ DLL FILE FROM!!
Much appreciated,
H.A.

Java Cowboy
Android Scala IntelliJ IDE Spring Java
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hugh, I understand that you are annoyed, but please relax and keep JavaRanch a friendly place!

...Never mind the fact that one would have thought that there would be a webserver AND jsp container rolled into one and pre-configured by now...

Tomcat is exactly this: a webserver and JSP/servlet container in one. Unless you have some specific requirements, you don't need Apache webserver in addition to Tomcat. Just Tomcat by itself will work perfectly.

Assuming that you have a special reason to use Apache HTTPD in combination with Tomcat: Which version of Tomcat and Apache HTTPD are you trying to connect together?

Strange that there are .so files in the Windows binary download folder. I don't have an answer to why this is so. Have you tried downloading and using one of those .so files on Windows even though it doesn't sound logical (maybe with renaming it to mod_jk.dll)?

As a last resort you could try to download the source package for Windows here and try to compile it yourself, if you have a C compiler for Windows. (There are several free C compilers for Windows available).

Ofcourse you can also try to contact the Apache people and ask them where to get the DLL or why there isn't a DLL available for download.

For more Java EE stuff: Tomcat only supports the web tier part of Java EE (the JSP and Servlet APIs). If you want to run EJBs, JMS etc., then download and use a Java EE container like JBoss, or Sun's Glassfish.
[ July 30, 2007: Message edited by: Jesper Young ]
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic