• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Log4j is not logging after JBoss start finish

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
I have a problem with Log4j log. The JBoss is not logging after the start.
Server log is not empty. It contains all valid logging info up to the
point where JBoss finishes loading. The last entry is:

2005-08-17 00:18:48,369 DEBUG [org.jboss.web.tomcat.tc5.TomcatDeployer] Using session cookies default setting
2005-08-17 00:18:48,787 DEBUG [org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter] Adding header name: X-Powered-By='Servlet 2.4; JBoss-4.0.2 (build: CVSTag=JBoss_4_0_2 date=200505022023)/Tomcat-5.5'
2005-08-17 00:18:48,844 INFO [org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResources] Initializing, config='org.apache.struts.util.LocalStrings', returnNull=true
2005-08-17 00:18:48,844 INFO [org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResources] Initializing, config='org.apache.struts.action.ActionResources', returnNull=true
2005-08-17 00:18:49,082 INFO [org.apache.struts.util.PropertyMessageResources] Initializing, config='br.com.unimed.ApplicationResources', returnNull=true
2005-08-17 00:18:49,105 INFO [org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn] Loading validation rules file from '/WEB-INF/validator-rules.xml'
2005-08-17 00:18:49,161 INFO [org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn] Loading validation rules file from '/WEB-INF/validation.xml'

The Log4j service was started (I can see the message in boot.log) and my log4j.xml is:

Someone can help me?

Thank you,
Leonardo Oliveira

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Leonardo,

do you supply your own log4j jar with the web application you're deploying? If so, this might be the reason for JBoss no longer logging. I've got the same problem where I use a 3rd party API that subclasses the log4j LoggerFactory, and this seems to interfere with JBoss' version of log4j. The effect is the same as you describe, no more logging. So, if you can rip out the log4j from your web app, try that ... if not (like in my case), I don't know ... if you come across a solution, please post it, I'd be interested in it as well!

- Stefan

Don't get me started about those stupid light bulbs.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic