• Post Reply Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
programming forums Java Mobile Certification Databases Caching Books Engineering Micro Controllers OS Languages Paradigms IDEs Build Tools Frameworks Application Servers Open Source This Site Careers Other Pie Elite all forums
this forum made possible by our volunteer staff, including ...
Marshals:
  • Campbell Ritchie
  • Jeanne Boyarsky
  • Ron McLeod
  • Paul Clapham
  • Liutauras Vilda
Sheriffs:
  • paul wheaton
  • Rob Spoor
  • Devaka Cooray
Saloon Keepers:
  • Stephan van Hulst
  • Tim Holloway
  • Carey Brown
  • Frits Walraven
  • Tim Moores
Bartenders:
  • Mikalai Zaikin

Meaning of Complementary as the two technlogies mature.

Greenhorn
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
    Number of slices to send:
    Optional 'thank-you' note:
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Javid Jamae,

I Know JBoss, was rewritten many times based on the new technology architectures coming in. In this context, do you see JBoss being re-implemented with growing popularity of Seam, Spring i.e AOP technologies at their heart.

Also, most of the technologies during the intial days, they say complementary in order to encourage people to explore.. However, as AOP is maturing and certain technologies being much early, I could certainly see complementary thing for now but not when both mature equally. As the new one also matures I see nothing would stop the new technologies to impl. the same features as the old ones.

This way, could pl. explain is JSF and Struts 1.x and 2.x are still complementary and also How do you see Spring, Seam and Guice docs.google.com/View?docid=dd2fhx4z_5df5hw8.

My Observation of Seam is that, it is still not as light as spring (which gets embed in any server by just copying few jars).

I would be very glad to know your views on complimentary details of the above technologies once they mature say in two years down the line.

Regards,
Raja Nagendra Kumar,
C.T.O
www.tejasoft.com

author
Android Eclipse IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Wow, you are asking a lot! This might be a better series of topics for discussion while enjoying a beer at the end of the day at JBossWorld, than in this forum. But I will think on this and if I have time (I see dozens of other questions lining up already) I will come back to this.

Author
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
Yes, this is a very broad observation / question. I think that there will always be overlap between functionality available in various frameworks. Having more than one way to skin a cat is seen as a virtue in the Java World, though it can definitely be a double-edged sword, especially when you're evaluating frameworks for a new product or application.

Consider Paul's rocket mass heater.
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic