- You must be a registered user of the JavaRanch Forums. You can Register Here.
- Your registered Display Name must meet the JavaRanch Naming Policy
- Start a new topic or respond to a topic in the Forum where the promotion is running. Your post must be on topic for either the book or the forum to be eligible to win. Posts must contribute to the discussion. For example, posts that simply say "I want to win" are not eligible. Every eligible post gives you an entry into the contest. The more quality you post, the more chances you have to win.
- Topics are subject to the JavaRanch posting guidelines. Posts must be either relevant to the forum or to the book. As always, illegal activities, cheating, or any other disruptive behaviors will not be tolerated, and will invalidate the post (or user) from the promotion.
Legal type stuff:
- To receive a book, it must be legal under US law to ship books to your country from the United States. Cowpokes from Cuba and the like are plain out of luck. Also some publishers can only send an e-book to some countries outside the US/Europe.
- Winners must provide a valid mailing address that books can be delivered to and a phone number in case confirmation is required. Sorry, PO Boxes don't like books.
- All winners must respond within 8 days of the end of the contest. Winners will be announced on the BookPromotionsWinnersPage and in the forum where the contest is held. So make sure you check back because we don't send email to winners.
- JavaRanch reserves the right to cancel any contest for any reason without any notice to anyone. Hey, sometimes an author gets chased off by a posse and we can't get someone to fill in.
- Winning this contest does not commit JavaRanch to actually providing a book to the winner. The publishers that participate have said that they will provide a book but JavaRanch will not be held responsible for a publisher's failure to deliver. We will round up the gang for a show down with them but some of these publishers have some rough hombres working for them.
- Most publishers have a list of countries they send printed books to. If they don't send a printed book to your country, you will get an e-book instead.
Privacy type stuff:
JavaRanch respects your privacy. Really! If you win a prize you will have to give us a mailing address and a day time phone number. We give that to the publisher so they can send you the book you have won. JavaRanch then deletes the email you sent us and forgets where you live so no posse can come sniffin' around to get that from us. We don't give your email address to the publisher. Obviously the publisher will have your regular mail address and I guess they could fill your mail box at home with all sorts of 12 color brochures of their wonderful books. But that is the risk you take for winning. (If you win a software license key or PDF we do give your e-mail to the publisher. We have their word that you will not receive any other e-mails from them including ads.)
Note: Authors, Publisher Personnel and JavaRanch Personnel directly involved in a Promotion are ineligible.
Go back to the main BookPromotions page.