An eclectic bunch of FAQs, "how to"s, "don't do this"s, and general Java interest pages, cobbled together by Winston Gutkowski: old fart, Bartender, inveterate beer drinker, and Disciple of Anoia
(a fundamentalist sect of Resistentialism
Click on the title above to get a list of all associated pages with modification dates (may be more up to date), or alternatively, look below for a list of pages with brief descriptions.
- A cautionary tale.
- Another one.
- Yet another.
- Pretentiously named guide to how Java dates and times work.
- Primarily, a guide as to why you don't need to worry about Java's String pool.
- Why you really shouldn't obsess about some stuff.
- An alternative look at how to write classes; particularly equals().
- My feeble attempt at poetry.
- How to get the best out of your main() method.
- A story for those unfortunates who (like me) came from a procedural background, and are having trouble getting to grips with "thinking objectively".
- Or: "why you don't really need to worry about either".
- "Don't re-invent the wheel" applies to data as well as code.
- A beginner's guide to getting data from the keyboard into your program - in 3 parts. Also links to UserInputPartDeux and UserInputPartIII (not finished yet).
- Part of a pipedream novel: "A Guide To a Long And Happy Life in Java". Closely related to StopCoding.
- A follow-up to 'UseCodeTags'.