We're a friendly bunch, so if there's something you'd like to bring to our attention, or discuss with us, we're ready to listen. There's also quite a few of us, so we set up this page to point you to the right person. Just follow this handy guide:
- If you have a technical question for which you think one of the moderators might know the answer, resist the temptation to contact him or her directly: UseTheForumNotEmail
- If you have a question about a particular forum regarding content, moderation or anything else, the forum moderator (or moderators) would be best. The Saloon home page lists the moderators for each forum in the rightmost column. Click on the link of the moderator you want to contact, and you'll get to a page listing their email address or letting you send a purple mooseage.
- If you have a question or suggestion about JavaRanch in general, the best place to bring it up is the Ranch Office forum, where such topics are discussed. This is also a great place to ask questions about your account, or other aspects of the site. This is usually better than email because you will probably get a response much faster this way.
- If you'd rather talk about something privately, you can pick your favorite staff member from the ActiveStaff page. It lists email addresses of just about everybody at JavaRanch.
- If you think we are doing a great job, a kind word in the Ranch Office forum now and then really helps! If you think we are doing a super-duper-fantastic job, and you'd like to part with some money to help pay for hosting costs, that's what the donation page is for. You might even get a fancy title out of it.
- If you're interested in running banner ads in some form, or have some other deal to propose, check out the advertising page.
- If you're an author or publisher interested in doing a book promotion in one of our forums, the book promotion info page contains a lot of material on the subject, including a contact email address at the bottom.
- If you're having trouble logging in, and nothing on the LoginProblems page helps, your last desperate effort would be sending a message to moosesaloon AT javaranch DOT com.
- Finally, this site is owned by Paul Wheaton. Although Paul lets the other moderators run loose a lot, you can contact him directly if you need an executive opinion on something: Paul Wheaton