Now that we are on Java software it seems like it would be good to have a place to suggest enhancements. Suggesting something doesn't mean it will get done; just that it will get talked about at some point.
Over time, this page will have links to discussions on why we decided not to do certain things. We envision this page evolving over time.
At the beginning we have some internal priorities to deal with on the new software. So rather than respond to all suggestions right away, it is more likely we will record them here for future consideration.
- (H) Moved topic image not showing
- (L) Error changing password
- (M) Can't upload bmp image (Can't reproduce it on the test environment. --Ulf)
- (L) Viewing a sent PM shows "Post Reply" and "Quote" buttons that default to sending a PM to myself. Different wording for the buttons, and keeping the user fields empty (or defaulting them to the recipient of that PM) would make more sense.
- (L) The RSS generator doesn't work well with posts that contain unbalanced HTML; see here.
- Why don't we have more titles? JForum looks like it supports it. Answer: SaloonTitles describes that we may consider doing this when things settle down.
- (M) If one topic is open, cannot navigate to next / previous topic without going back to list of topics. [on top and bottom of the topic page, there should be link to 'Next' and 'Previous' topics.] - JB - This is not a bug it was intentional and discussed. See JForumTransition.
- (L) A tabular my posts/search type thing
- 'My Posts' link should show the single row for a single thread, like if some one replied to the thread then that post should be removed and taken to to top of table, in 'My Post' link.
- Searching for something like "70-528" is not supported (only letters and numbers can be used); see here
- The search page only allows characters and numbers - it's not possible to search for anything containing brackets, hyphens etc.
Things we explicitly took out of JForum (these were considered and rejected; asking after them is highly unlikely to yield anything)
- Voting on members
- IM links