File APIs for Java Developers
Manipulate DOC, XLS, PPT, PDF and many others from your application.
http://aspose.com/file-tools
Win a copy of Clojure in Action this week in the Clojure forum!
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Java compiler in eclipse ?

 
Fan Shao
Greenhorn
Posts: 8
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
hi!
I want to know where can I set the java Compiler in eclipse?
Thanks!
 
Hushar Punekar
Greenhorn
Posts: 6
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Click on Windows->Preferences->Java->Installed JREs->Add
Select the Java JRE you want and click Apply
Hope this helps,
-Suhas
 
Ilja Preuss
author
Sheriff
Posts: 14112
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Actually, Eclipse comes with its own compiler. It is not possible to replace it by a different one (other than using Ant for compilation purposes). Only that way the incremental compilation could be implemented.
 
Fan Shao
Greenhorn
Posts: 8
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Ilja Preuss:
Actually, Eclipse comes with its own compiler. It is not possible to replace it by a different one (other than using Ant for compilation purposes). Only that way the incremental compilation could be implemented.

So, can I select the build version in the preference->java->compiler->compliance and ClassFiles?
Do you mean I can choose JDK if I use ant to compile the classes?
 
Jeff Langr
author
Ranch Hand
Posts: 799
5
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Is anyone aware of the schedule for including Java 1.5 (tiger) support in Eclipse?
-Jeff-
 
Jon Strayer
Ranch Hand
Posts: 133
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Jeff Langr:
Is anyone aware of the schedule for including Java 1.5 (tiger) support in Eclipse?
-Jeff-

Version 3.0 should support it as much as possible.
 
Ilja Preuss
author
Sheriff
Posts: 14112
  • 0
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Jon Strayer:

Version 3.0 should support it as much as possible.

Most probably - see http://www.eclipse.org/eclipse/development/eclipse_project_plan_3_0.html#JDT
 
I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic