Win a copy of Re-engineering Legacy Software this week in the Refactoring forum
or Docker in Action in the Agile forum!
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Eclipse Project View

 
Gregg Bolinger
GenRocket Founder
Ranch Hand
Posts: 15302
6
Chrome IntelliJ IDE Mac OS X
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
This may be a pointless question since it doesn't effect the way eclipse performs or anything. I'm just tired of looking at them all.
Is there a way to see only the project you are working on in the Package Explorer? I can close projects I am not working on, but I still see the long list of them in the window. I would rather just see the one I am working on.
Thanks.
 
Jeroen Wenting
Ranch Hand
Posts: 5093
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
The simplest way is to simply delete them.
You can later add them again as needed. Eclipse should pick up your settings from the existing project files I think.
If you want more you'll have to find a plugin that creates a new view with only the currently active project (if such a thing exists).
 
Gregg Bolinger
GenRocket Founder
Ranch Hand
Posts: 15302
6
Chrome IntelliJ IDE Mac OS X
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Jeroen Wenting:
The simplest way is to simply delete them.
You can later add them again as needed. Eclipse should pick up your settings from the existing project files I think.
If you want more you'll have to find a plugin that creates a new view with only the currently active project (if such a thing exists).

Thanks. I forgot I could delete the project without deleting the actual content and directories.
 
Graham VMead
Ranch Hand
Posts: 154
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Greg,
Another way of doing it is to select the drop down arrow in the package explorer title bar - select working set - set up a new working set with just the projects you are interested in - select this set.
Haven't found a way of defaulting to this set at start up of the perspective(even if you save it as a custom one) but there may be a way.
Every time you go to the Package explorer select your working set and all the others are hidden.
Seems a bit less of an overkill than deleting and reinserting projects you don't want.
HTH Graham Mead
 
Gregg Bolinger
GenRocket Founder
Ranch Hand
Posts: 15302
6
Chrome IntelliJ IDE Mac OS X
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Graham VMead:
Greg,
Another way of doing it is to select the drop down arrow in the package explorer title bar - select working set - set up a new working set with just the projects you are interested in - select this set.
Haven't found a way of defaulting to this set at start up of the perspective(even if you save it as a custom one) but there may be a way.
Every time you go to the Package explorer select your working set and all the others are hidden.
Seems a bit less of an overkill than deleting and reinserting projects you don't want.
HTH Graham Mead

Even better! Thanks Graham.
 
H�ctor Quartino
Greenhorn
Posts: 4
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Gregg Bolinger:
Is there a way to see only the project you are working on in the Package Explorer? I can close projects I am not working on, but I still see the long list of them in the window. I would rather just see the one I am working on.

Right-click on project, then select "Go into".
Greetings,
H�ctor
[ January 19, 2004: Message edited by: H�ctor Quartino ]
 
Gregg Bolinger
GenRocket Founder
Ranch Hand
Posts: 15302
6
Chrome IntelliJ IDE Mac OS X
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by H�ctor Quartino:

Right-click on project, then select "Go into".
Greetings,
H�ctor
[ January 19, 2004: Message edited by: H�ctor Quartino ]

It just keeps getting easier and easier.
 
Ilja Preuss
author
Sheriff
Posts: 14112
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
In 3.0 (not sure about 2.x) you can also filter the view, for example not showing closed projects.
 
Gregg Bolinger
GenRocket Founder
Ranch Hand
Posts: 15302
6
Chrome IntelliJ IDE Mac OS X
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Ilja Preuss:
In 3.0 (not sure about 2.x) you can also filter the view, for example not showing closed projects.

How do you do this? I can check to see if you can in 2.x.
 
Graham VMead
Ranch Hand
Posts: 154
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Gregg,
So many ways to do it
Got the following from the Eclipse site for version 2.0 this link is to the Package explorer bit, click on Filtering Elements (I've put the section at the bottom too). HTH Graham

Package]http://download2.eclipse.org/downloads/documentation/2.0/html/plugins/org.eclipse.jdt.doc.user/tasks/tasks-45.htm]Package Explorer/Filtering Elements[/URL]

Filtering elements
To filter elements:
On the Package Explorer toolbar, click the Menu button and choose Filters.
Select or clear the filters that you want to apply to the view (read Filter Description to learn about the selected filter�s functionality).
Optionally, you can select patterns for filtering the view:
Select the Name filter patterns checkbox at the top of the dialog.
In the text field below, specify the desired patterns (names matching one of the patterns will be hidden).
 
Graham VMead
Ranch Hand
Posts: 154
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Eclipse
It might help if I got the link right too!!!
 
Gregg Bolinger
GenRocket Founder
Ranch Hand
Posts: 15302
6
Chrome IntelliJ IDE Mac OS X
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Thanks Graham. That will come in real handy.
 
Graham VMead
Ranch Hand
Posts: 154
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
My turn now
In the same vein as Greggs question tho!
I use CTRL- SHIFT - R to Open an "Open Resource" dialogue. Is there any way of ignoring certain resources when this looks for a resource. I'm working on a project where the source files are sometimes duplicated in a build folder and I keep accidentally selecting the wrong one!!
BTW The dialogue picks up anything whether or not its on the build path. Maybe its what it was designed to do but I can but ask!
TIA Graham
 
Ilja Preuss
author
Sheriff
Posts: 14112
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I never used "Open Resource" - I guess I have to try it some day...
 
Krishna Mohan
Ranch Hand
Posts: 44
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
How do i set eclipse to show my package structure upto four levels in mypackage explorer.
I mean ..i want to see something like this rather than displaying all the packages and classes
com.acme.proj.struts
com.acme.proj.dao
com.acme.proj.services

thanks in advance.
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic