I am using Netbeans 5 ( release candidate 2 ) and I am trying to add the HTTPClient library found at HTTPClient.
I have a JDialog which uses this library but all references to HTTPClient objects are not working. NB highlights them saying "Package HTTPClient does not exist". This is after I have run "Fix Imports" and after adding HTTPClient as a library object to NB's Libraries folder in the Project view.
I made the library object by downloading the HTTPClient zip, unzipping it into a folder called 'HTTPClient', then making a new library called 'HTTPClient' in NB, then pointing the;
classpath to C:\Documents and Settings\Darren\My Documents\3rd Party Java Libraries\HTTPClient source to C:\Documents and Settings\Darren\My Documents\3rd Party Java Libraries\HTTPClient javadoc to C:\Documents and Settings\Darren\My Documents\3rd Party Java Libraries\HTTPClient\doc
Can anyone who uses Netbeans please help me get this library to work as I am clearly doing something wrong.
I have got HTTPClient to work within BlueJ by simply pointing it at C:\Documents and Settings\Darren\My Documents\3rd Party Java Libraries\HTTPClient and using import HTTPClient.*;
When I use a class such as HTTPConnection which is at HTTPClient.HTTPConnection according to the javadoc, Netbeans says "package HTTPClient cannot be found". When I run fix imports, netbeans adds import statements such as import HTTPClient.HTTPConnection, then flags them as errors, saying "package HTTPClient cannot be found".
BlueJ just imports HTTPConnection from the root HTTPClient folder.
If you have the time, could you download HTTPClient and see if you can get it to work within netbeans as a library. The download is tiny and includes some small example source code files.
Thank you for your help so far.
Darren [ January 31, 2006: Message edited by: D R Wilkinson ]
Joined: Nov 26, 2004
Darren, I am at my home and don�t have access to NetBeans here. But based on your problem description I can guess what is going wrong
I reference folder HTTPClient for the classpath.
package HTTPClient cannot be found
I believe referencing the folder containing the folder HTTPClient rather than the HTTPClient folder itself should solve your problem, any way it's worth a shot. Let me know if it works.