This week's book giveaway is in the OCMJEA forum. We're giving away four copies of OCM Java EE 6 Enterprise Architect Exam Guide and have Paul Allen & Joseph Bambara on-line! See this thread for details.
Intelij idea is great IDE tool which have sevral pulgins & also have good stability , for memory it provides garbage coolector button at bottom so that unused memory can reclaim.& many more cool features i recomends ide for Rapid developement.
The best way to find out about the performance of IntelliJ IDEA is to try it for yourself. The performance depends on your specific environment and specific project, so it's hard to guess it in advance.
IntelliJ IDEA supports deploying to a number of application servers - Tomcat, Weblogic, WebSphere, JBoss, Geronimo and GlassFish.
IntelliJ IDEA supports dialog-based editing of EJB deployment descriptors and a diagram for working with EJB persistence units. If you're interested in some other GUI, please describe what you're interested in in more detail.
Support for running and advanced editing of Ant scripts is built-in to the IDE.
The main advantage of IntelliJ IDEA which affects everyone is productivity, which comes from intelligent code analysis and coding assistance. If there are particular feature areas which interest you, I can tell you in more detail what IntelliJ IDEA offers in those areas.
I work for product development company and I have almost have five development packages with each have around five to seven projects in it(source file count will be approx. 5000). So that might be one of the reasons.
Regarding EJB development,
1. Suppose like in Web Logic workshop, it has a GUI where I only need to give business methods, return types etc., and the Bean Type. Tool will generate home, component interfaces and bean class for me. I only need put my logic in my business methods.
2. When I'm done with my development, I can again create an .ear (enterprise archive) file by specifying web and ejb module.
Is there any support in IntelliJ like this?
Regarding future I look for is,
1. Is there any equivalent in IntelliJ like Lomboz plug-in for eclipse?
2. Is there any support for Hibernate? Like generating DAOs and Bean class from .hbm files?
3. Is it possible to develop a plug-in and integrate with IntelliJ?
4. Last but not least, is IntelliJ supports languages other than Java?