This week's book giveaway is in the OCPJP forum. We're giving away four copies of OCA/OCP Java SE 7 Programmer I & II Study Guide and have Kathy Sierra & Bert Bates on-line! See this thread for details.
Position Title: Java and VB 6 Developer Location: San Francisco Position Type: Contract to Hire Company: Branta Group http://www.brantagroup.com ContactMarcus Ronaldi [email@example.com] Relocation: No Sponsorship: No Telecommuting:No, All work must be done on site in San Franisco 3rd Parties: No Directions to apply:If you are interested in this position send me 1)an updated copy of your resume as an attached file 2)a detailed summary 3)Your availability and salary rate requirement.
We are looking for either a strong candidate who is proficient in JAVA and/or Visual Basic. The candidate should also have very good Database skills.
* 2-4 years of Microsoft Visual Basic coding (UI, COM/DCOM experience) OR
* 1-2 years JAVA coding applying Object Oriented Architecture
* 1-2 years SQL experience (MS SQL Server or Sybase, Sybase preferred)
* 1-2 years financial industry experience. Exposure to FIX protocol is desired
* 1-2 years Crystal Reports or Active Reports
* 1-2 years CVS Usage
* 1-2 years Messaging
* Financial knowledge and interest required
* Financial Services Experience
* Provide troubleshooting and support for systems and process (both internal and external) as well as providing technical guidance for our business users
* Work with development team to create quality software and adhere to all technical architecture requirements
* Actively manage relationships with technical and business owners
* Work with business owners to understand systems requirements, design and write code that supports the business processes, and provide clear documentation
* Develop N-tier architecture-based solutions
* Manage multiple streams of work simultaneously
* Collaborate with IT and Business teams both internal and external