This week's book giveaway is in the OO, Patterns, UML and Refactoring forum. We're giving away four copies of Refactoring for Software Design Smells: Managing Technical Debt and have Girish Suryanarayana, Ganesh Samarthyam & Tushar Sharma on-line! See this thread for details.
I had a problem like that with Swedish. I changed the charset for the page to ISO-8859-1. It worked for Swedish. I don't know what works for Spanish. But I did a google search on the word donde, and found examples with both ISO-8859-1 and utf-8.
Going back to my old website work (Swedish), I see that I used utf-16; I don't know why 16; 8 probably would have been sufficient. I also realized that � shows up in this page alright. It uses the ISO-8859-1 charset. [ April 26, 2007: Message edited by: Roger F. Gay ]
Correlation does not prove causality.
I’ve looked at a lot of different solutions, and in my humble opinion Aspose is the way to go. Here’s the link: http://aspose.com