Panasonic's vision of the digital future is driven by the needs and aspirations of our business customers and millions of consumers around the world who use our products every day. We share their dream to live a fuller life by providing ways of working smarter and enjoying the rewards of technological advances. At Panasonic, our success depends on every single employee's contributions - because the more we grow as individuals, the more we grow as a company. Currently we have an opening for a Blu-Ray Java Engineer at our Panasonic Hollywood Laboratories (PHL) located in Los Angeles, CA.
- Applied development and production in the fields of BD-J Title creation for Blu-ray disc.
- Develops original BD-J library or template to help BD-J Title production.
- Helps produce BD-J Title using usual JAVA programming tool.
- Supports BD-J authoring operator.
- Completes documentation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies Java technology and Package media authoring. Supports BD-J Authoring operation and testing
- Trains BD-J Authoring Operator and Navigation QC operator
- Develops new BD-J library and templates to be used for BD-ROM Title production
- Writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications
- Writes technical reports and prepares test systems
- Performs competitive analysis of other BD-ROM Title
- Will meet prepared schedules, timelines, and milestones
- Carries out difficult development assignments with general direction
- May supervise interns, contractors, and/or junior colleagues in the future
- Prepares regular project status reports (weekly, monthly, semi-annual, etc)
- Participates in face-to-face project review meetings; Reports project status and progress
- Position requires limited travel (both domestic and international)
- Bachelors in Computer Engineering or related field is required
- 0-2 years of related experience is required
- Has deep knowledge of Java, C/C++, Linux and Windows
- Has knowledge of Web design
- Is a proven expert in a subset of the following fields (not limited to) User interface design of application software, Embedded System development, especially optimization of memory size, data size and performance, Data management, such as keyword search algorithm, high speed sort, etc, usability, reliability of application software
- Experience with J2ME is a plus
Candidates interested in this or any position with Panasonic should register and login at the Panasonic Career Center website below:
We are committed to creating a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer (m/f/d/v). Pre-employment drug testing may be required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.