Dissero (http://www.dissero.com) is the premier recruiting firm focused on emerging growth companies in the Boston area. Our client is an emerging growth company in the �Alternative Energy� industry. We have been engaged to conduct a search for a Software Engineer to join their Software Engineering team.
Our client is a stable, rapidly growing software company in Medford. Their products and professional services help large textbook (K-12) publishing companies leverage their content assets to compete in today�s digital world. This company combines the best of both worlds, as this division is very entrepreneurial, yet with the backing of a billion dollar organization that is a leader in their sector.
We have been engaged to conduct a search for a Senior Software Engineer to join their professional services team which is responsible for developing custom web based/J2EE e-Learning products for their customers.
Not only will you have the opportunity to work with the latest technologies, but your work will have a social impact as you are ultimately creating products that help facilitate the learning process between teachers and students.
* Work with a team of engineers responsible for the design, development, and implementation of custom e-Learning solutions.
* Work with Project Management to accurately estimate and plan work efforts.
* Act as a technical liaison between project team and customers.
* May be required to lead a team of up to three engineers on a small to mid-size project.
* 10 + years of software engineering experience.
* 3+ years of experience in web application development.
* Minimum of 3 years of experience with Java technologies (J2EE, JSP, EJB, XML).
* Heavy experience with XML.
* Extensive experience with databases (Oracle is a plus).
* Experience with application servers (JBoss, WebSphere, WebLogic).
* Proven ability to work amidst changing deadlines and shifting priorities.
* Ability to work effectively and independently under limited direction.
* Proven ability to deliver real products on time and with high quality.
* Strong communication and logical problem solving skills.
* Self motivated team player.
* Comfortable with a rapid development environment.
* Ability to communicate effective and interact with customers as needed.
* Design for usability experience a plus.
* Oracle PL/SQL experience a plus.
Negotiable salary, great benefits. Ability to work with the latest technologies and be involved with a socially responsible company. No travel, prior client facing experience a plus. This is a full time position. No HB-1 Visa holders, U.S. Citizens only. Please forward resumes to chris at firstname.lastname@example.org.