Would REALLY like someone to have JDEdwards background.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Project Management. Prepares estimates (Needs Assessment) and Activity List for own assignments. Most of the time meets own estimates within +/- 10%.
2. Quality Assurance. Reviews own work, for conformance to end-user requirements and technical standards. Prepares test plans, develops test data and verification procedures. Participates in conference room pilots and test plans. Follows established policies for IT Project Management Life Cycle (methodology) Stage Gates, sign-offs and change controls. Responsible for data accuracy, and for timely, accurate data interfaces and controls, between old and new systems and computing platforms.
3. Business Processes and Applications. Has knowledge of one or more major business processes that his team supports and develops. Knows their automated functions. Understands most of the end-user procedures and manual processes. Understands the impact of changes in these processes on other processes. Learns additional applications and project management practices.
4. Analysis & Design. Designs business and technical portions of a business system. Creates design specifications using structured methods. Designs batch job streams, online conversations, programs, data, disaster-recovery, batch synch points, screens, reports, and forms. Uses analysis and design techniques such as process charts, decision tables, entity-relationship modeling and diagrams, traditional flowcharting, data flow diagrams, database modeling and similar tools and methods.
5. Programming. Designs, codes, tests and debugs applications programs, as well as revises and modifies programs and systems. Analyzes systems and program malfunctions and debugs them. Supports processing problems whenever they occur. Competent in most technical applications development matters, on applications assigned to his/her team. Keeps up with new technologies.
6. Documentation. Creates and maintains documentation and training materials (�How-To� instruction manual) for IT and end-users.
7. Administration. Prepares and submits accurate, complete project activity list status and HEAT ticket information in the Project Portfolio on a daily basis.
8. Interpersonal Communications. Develops positive professional relationships with all levels. Pro-actively anticipates problems, communicates status of problems quickly and accurately to the Strategic Application Manager.
9. It is an essential function of this job to show up on time and be ready to work your regularly scheduled hours.
At least one year recent experience in medium to large size multi-location firms, in discrete manufacturing, wholesale distribution and /or retailing industries.
Batch and real time, online applications development and support.
Complex and/or high transaction volume applications development experience.
Able to debug tough technical and applications implementation problems. Able to make applications run very efficiently and/or with excellent real time terminal response. Experience with automated recovery-restart and synch point recovery.
Able to conduct walk-throughs for technical quality, and to ensure conformance to end-user requirements and to technical standards.
Structured coding, design, analysis.
Relational data base modeling experience � conceptual and logical schemas design; entity-relationship modeling (DB2/400, and/or SQL).
WEB and/or Client � only
- Web, Internet, WAN, LAN other data communications experience.
- Environment � Visual Studio, including Interdev 6.0
- Hands on experience with � VB.NET, ADO , .NET, XML, XSLT, ASP, SQL Server, Visual Basic 6.0, VBScript, and similar client server and Internet Web technologies.
Communications � Excellent written and oral English communications skills a good listener with a team player attitude and have good technical documentation skills.
Overall � Ability to work in fast paced environment being self motivated, pleasantly aggressive and assertive, realistically ambitious with high personal ethics. Develop a professional relationship with co-workers and end-users with a positive influence. Have the discipline to follow established methodology while seeking ways to improve the process.
Two years minimum with four-year degree in business or computer science, or more than five years of equivalent experience in programming, design and analysis with some formal training. PMP certification is a plus.
Physical/Work Environment Requirements While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.