We are seeking Prime talent for one of the top e-commerce companies. Our client believes that every day is Day One. A day to take a first step. A day to look forward to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It�s your day to be a part of something great. Your day to make your ideas come to life. And your day to join a company that redefines itself every day.
Software Development Engineer/Test (SDETs) should be independent thinkers, fully capable of recognizing functional or performance problem areas and finding effective solutions. They are expected to "look below the surface" to provide in-depth analysis. SDETs are further expected to innovate to reduce test script maintenance and make QA processes simpler, more efficient, more uniform, less prone to failure and more capable of error detection.
* Regularly works with QAE's, developers and project managers using functional specifications to develop and execute test plans in support of project development.
* Develop and review test cases to validate software design using Perl scripts to replace manual intervention in pre-flight regression testing wherever practical.
* Periodically go on call (typically 1 week in 6-8) for website issues.
* Work internationally with overseas units to ensure quality is maintained on international sites.
* Devise regression, functional, performance, load, stress, security and integration tests to ensure web site performance and integrity.
* Continually raise the bar for QA practices; establishing and documenting procedures which are applicable company-wide, which may then be shared with other QA groups.
* SDETs are often called upon to mentor others who may have less experience in QA scripting or testing functions, and may be assigned to multiple projects at the same time.
The QA Tools team is looking for self-guided, resourceful and hard working software engineers to develop testing suites for its main body of software. Successful candidates would have:
* 3+ years of hands-on experience writing automated tests using C++/Java/Perl, both for web applications and back end services
* Deep background in testing in a Linux environment and using shell scripts
* Experience working with Oracle databases and practical experience with SQL
* Strong problem solving skills and an ability to come up with creative solutions to impossible-to-solve problems
* Good communication skills both in person and in writing