aspose file tools*
The moose likes XML and Related Technologies and the fly likes XSLT and Internet Explorer problem Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Engineering » XML and Related Technologies
Bookmark "XSLT and Internet Explorer problem" Watch "XSLT and Internet Explorer problem" New topic
Author

XSLT and Internet Explorer problem

Xon Bhuyan
Greenhorn

Joined: Sep 24, 2003
Posts: 11
I am using XSLT in my application. I tested the application with two different machines using Internet Explorer version 5.5
In one computer the application works properly. While in the other I got the following error:
____________________________________________________________________________
The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.
The stylesheet does not contain a document element. The stylesheet may be empty, or it may not be a well-formed XML document.
____________________________________________________________________________
I tried to find the specific IE setting that causes this problem and changed some of the settings. Then I got the following error:
____________________________________________________________________________
The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.
____________________________________________________________________________

When I made the IE settings in both the computers identical. I got the following error:
____________________________________________________________________________
An invalid character was found in text content
____________________________________________________________________________
What may be the cause?


Xon Bhuyan
Piyush Rathore
Greenhorn

Joined: May 21, 2002
Posts: 11
Please check your I.E version
If they are differentiating try to put this line in your xsl:stylesheet declaration.
xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" version="1.0"


Software Engineer,
Lasse Koskela
author
Sheriff

Joined: Jan 23, 2002
Posts: 11962
    
    5
"An invalid character was found in text content" strongly suggests that there is, in fact, an invalid character in the stylesheet or in the XML document. If you want help in figuring out what the invalid character actually is, you'll need to post your XML/XSL somewhere for us to see (e.g. in this thread within a [code]...[/code] block).


Author of Test Driven (2007) and Effective Unit Testing (2013) [Blog] [HowToAskQuestionsOnJavaRanch]
Xon Bhuyan
Greenhorn

Joined: Sep 24, 2003
Posts: 11
Piyush, As I said I am using IE 5.5 in both the machines. One is on internet while the other is on intranet. The machine using internet is giving problem.

Lasse Koskela, I am sending the codes bellow:
_________________________________________________________________________
XML Code:

________________________________________________________________________
XSL Code:
Sorry I cannot post the code here. It is asking me to replache the methods and some tags. I think I can mail the code to you people.
PLEASE NOTE THAT I AM SENDING THE XML CODE FROM THE MACHINE WHERE I CAN VIEW THE PAGE. THE OTHER MACHINE GIVES MESSAGE "THE XML SOURCE IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR VIEWING".
_________________________________________________________________________
[ March 01, 2004: Message edited by: Lasse Koskela ]
[ March 01, 2004: Message edited by: Lasse Koskela ]
 
I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools
 
subject: XSLT and Internet Explorer problem