Win a copy of Think Java: How to Think Like a Computer Scientist this week in the Java in General forum!
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

cheapest domain name registration site

 
ankur rathi
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3830
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Report post to moderator
I don't want to upload any content now, just want to register a domain name.

Is it possible (I mean, only name, no space)? and What would be the cheapest option for me?

Thanks.

 
David O'Meara
Rancher
Posts: 13459
Android Eclipse IDE Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Report post to moderator
Please ask general computing questions in the General Computing forum.

Dave
 
marc weber
Sheriff
Posts: 11343
Java Mac Safari
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Report post to moderator
GoDaddy.com is the cheapest I've seen (and that's what I use). You can definitely register a name without having a site. In fact, you might want to do this for the sole purpose of giving your Java packages a unique name: com.myUniqueName...
[ August 20, 2006: Message edited by: marc weber ]
 
ankur rathi
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3830
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by marc weber:
GoDaddy.com is the cheapest I've seen (and that's what I use). You can definitely register a name without having a site. In fact, you might want to do this for the sole purpose of giving your Java packages a unique name: com.myUniqueName...

[ August 20, 2006: Message edited by: marc weber ]


Thanks a lot Marc.

 
ankur rathi
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3830
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Report post to moderator
I find luckyregister.com is more cheaper than godaddy.com.

Could there be any problem in future with luckyregister.com?
 
marc weber
Sheriff
Posts: 11343
Java Mac Safari
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by rathi ji:
I find luckyregister.com is more cheaper than godaddy.com.

Could there be any problem in future with luckyregister.com?

Well, that's always a concern -- making sure that your domains renew when they're supposed to. I've never heard of luckyregister. How much would you save?
[ August 21, 2006: Message edited by: marc weber ]
 
ankur rathi
Ranch Hand
Posts: 3830
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by marc weber:

Well, that's always a concern -- making sure that your domains renew when they're supposed to. I've never heard of luckyregister. How much would you save?

[ August 21, 2006: Message edited by: marc weber ]


Around 2$ per year.

And also counts of free iteams are more in luckyregister, though I don't know, what and how useful are they...
 
Nam PHAM
Greenhorn
Posts: 2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by marc weber:

Well, that's always a concern -- making sure that your domains renew when they're supposed to. I've never heard of luckyregister. How much would you save?

[ August 21, 2006: Message edited by: marc weber ]


I have register many domains with Luckyregister for last 3 years (more than 100 names) I am happy with their rates and services. They alway offer the lowest prices for registration, transfer and renew. They offer many free items as 5GB hosting, email account...I use these free things for marketing the names and resell it to the other.
 
    Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic