File APIs for Java Developers
Manipulate DOC, XLS, PPT, PDF and many others from your application.
A friendly place for programming greenhorns!
Big Moose Saloon
Register / Login
Win a copy of
Head First Android
this week in the
Security Interview Questions
Joined: May 01, 2005
Jan 10, 2006 19:42:00
What are some of the more interesting questions regarding security that you've either heard asked in an interview or that you've asked during an interview?
Joined: May 06, 2003
Jan 10, 2006 20:15:00
These are not evil questions...I wish you don't want to sacrifice security..if you are hiring a security professional :-)
Here is my quick five questions on general application security:
1. Identify the fundamental security principles (at least 5) to fortify an application from potential risks and vulnerabilities.
2. How do you identify and mitigate application security risks ? How do you make trade-offs ?
3. What is a security
? Why it has to be considered in application development ?
4. Discuss the differences between Black-box and White-box security
5. How do you perform a proactive security assessment and a reality check before deploying the application ?
If you would like to know the answers...I would suggest to read the Free Sample chapter made available in the book website.
Here is my quick five interview questions on
1. How do you guarantee the integrity and privacy of data and communication from Man-in-the-Middle attack ? What are the J2EE security options.
2. How do you implement a secure logging process which ensures confidentiality and tamper-proof ?
3. What are the security strategies available to protect access to a
object passed between J2EE tiers ?
4. In J2EE Web services, how do you restrict all direct access to a SOAP endpoint and its WSDL ?
5. How do you incorporate a multi-factor authentication process (Password + Smartcard + Biometrics) in J2EE applications ?
[ January 10, 2006: Message edited by: Ramesh Nagappan ]
Ramesh Nagappan CISSP<br />Co-Author of "Core Security Patterns"<br />email@example.com<br /><a href="http://www.coresecuritypatterns.com" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.coresecuritypatterns.com</a>
Joined: Dec 17, 2004
Jun 13, 2013 19:37:25
Found bunch of security related questions here
Java security interview questions and answers
It is sorta covered in the
JavaRanch Style Guide
subject: Security Interview Questions
disadvantages of servlets
Even loop Odd Loop?
Regarding infosys and accenture
top interview questions asked to an Architect
All times are in JavaRanch time: GMT-6 in summer, GMT-7 in winter
| Powered by
Copyright © 1998-2015