Grade: P Score: 155 Comment: This report shows the total points that could have been awarded in each section and the actual number of points you were awarded. This is provided to give you per-section feedback on your strengths. The maximum possible number of points is 155; the minimum to pass is 124. Section Summary Report: General Considerations: Maximum=58 Deductions=0 Actual=58 Documentation: Maximum=20 Deductions=0 Actual=20 GUI: Maximum=24 Deductions=0 Actual=24 Server: Maximum=53 Deductions=0 Actual=53 Total: Maximum=155 Deductions=0 Certification Score=155 I uploaded the exam on March 15, 2003 and gave the follow-up exam on March 26, 2003. The results were uploaded today, so it was a fast evaluation from Sun's side. I would like to thank all the javaranchers for helping me out in getting this done with flying colors, specially I would like thank Eugene, Mark Spritzler, Michael Morris as they have crtically anlayzed my questions. I would like to thank my wife, without her support it can not be possible. I remember now how many weekends we were stuck inside home as I was working on the assignment, but after I got the results today, I feel good about the effort that I put. Overall, it was a very good learning experience for me as I learned the following to name a few out of many:- 1. RMI implementation & deployment. 2. Design Patterns (used Facade, Factory and MVC).
Thanks for all the wishes. All I can say is that I stick to this forum. I read RHE & Max's book and used RHE to get the idea on "Package distribution". Most of the time I read discussions here and tried to implement my ideas, posted questions here and discussed in depths. Here is how I approached the assignment, as you'll find its a very common approach on this forum:- 1. Read RHE. 2. Read design patterns (books and online). 3. Used Factory and Facade Patterns. 4. Used RMI, Exception chaining, MVC in GUI 5. HTML help files inside JEditorPane. 6. javadoc at package level. 7. lock-unlock only for remote access. Create singleton LockManager class, synchronized lock, unlock methods. Used clientID for locking - unlocking. 8. Modified Data. 9. Modified DatabaseException. 10. Have my own TableModel and ColumnModel. 11. ReadMe.TXT was detailed. 12. packaged client.jar, server.jar, source files, class files and doc files into one single jar file. 13. Tested on sun solaris, windows 98 SE, NT and 2000. Build on 98 SE. 14. I downloaded assignment in July and worked on it till august by that time most of the code was ready (90%). Then took off for 3 months due to deadlines in office and some traning. December is holiday went to DisneyWorld in Early Jan and then started to work again in mid Jan. Coding done by mid Feb. Tested during feb and submitted mid march (upload size was 3.3 mb). I can tell you all from my experience is that focus on the requirements, think how you can do better without increasing the scope, document all you can, and finally TEST HEAVILY. BTW, all my exits from the GUI does NOT give a confirmation message to the user.