This week's book giveaway is in the OCAJP 8 forum. We're giving away four copies of OCA Java SE 8 Programmer I Study Guide and have Edward Finegan & Robert Liguori on-line! See this thread for details.
Cleared SCDJWS exam yesterday with 81% . To start with sharing my experiences.....I had never worked on web services and when I started I didnt had any idea about Web services. This forum hepled me a lot in preparing for the exam ...really its a great place to get the guidence.
The study material I used 1. RMH book (indeed its a book worth reading ..quite detailed and comprehensive). I read most of the parts of the book 3-4 times but skipped most parts of JAXR.
2. MZ notes . I studied it many times really its a great effort by MZ to put the neccesary things together.
3. MZ quiz . Well this was the best part that I got some questions in exam which resembled to the questions there in quiz. This helped me a lot in preparing ...I would suggest to go thru all the questions there and the explanations also.
4. Whizlabs Simulator . Well this is nice for practising ....but really think twice before buying it ...it crashed on my pc 2 times and the last time when it carshed the whizlabs web site was not up so I cudnt get the licence file to re-activate and the height of irresponsiblilty from their part was that the support ppl replied me after 4 days ...n that was of no use as I has downloaded it after 2 days when the site was up
5. Taken up XyzWs mock exam ....its really nice and got some quick points to revise...the best part of it is that its free.
6. Other stuff included web services blue prints, J2EE design patterns, XML namespace specifications, Basic Profile specifications(do read it ..its worth reading)
The exam had certain questions which I was totally unfamiliar ...so i just used some "software sense" they were probably from some specification .....but was not able to figure out that from which one they were.
In all the exam is all about knowing the concepts well and understanding what web services are . The API part was not that much difficult and the questions were trivial.
[ August 08, 2006: Message edited by: Rashmi Verma ]
[ August 08, 2006: Message edited by: Rashmi Verma ] [ August 08, 2006: Message edited by: Rashmi Verma ]
Is it really necessary to go through the XML Schema spec and Basic Profile Spec ? Can I manage to pass with out reading these specs(assuming I have read RMH Book, Blue Prints, MZ Notes and with the mock exams) ?
SCJP SCWCD SCDJWS SCBCD5 SCEA5
Joined: May 15, 2005
J2EE Web Services (Paperback) by Richard Monson-Haefel published by Addison Wesley
Yes this is the book I have refered . The certification book you have specified is probably not in print (as far as I know )
Is it really necessary to go through the XML Schema spec and Basic Profile Spec
well it is really not necessary but I would suggest to just go thru Basic Profile coz you would get an idea that why those constarints are there. Knowing the constraints is important ...but more important is to know that why they are there.
For XML schema I would suggest got thru the table which specifies the possible combinations of default,fixed...and other attributes
hi all, I'm preparing for SCDJWS .I have started with XML technologies.Currently i'm practising writing XML schemas.Can you tell me if it's neccesary to know all the different elements ,attributes ,(their default values) etc.in a xml schema file for the SCDJWS exam.