Today i cleared the exam after 4+1 week of intense study. I added 1 week as its courtesy of prometric.Last week they sent me back home saying that thers some problem with downloading questions.So i had to rebook my exam to this weekend.
I thought i would write my complete experiance as it would benifit fellow ranchers.
I studied only K and B and nothing else.I purchased a commercial mock but got my money back for pointing out errors in it.[They are kind enough to give my money back]
Now coming to the exam questions,i felt allmost 80% of them are very very straightforward and simple.If you read K and B,than you can easily answer allmost all of them. Out of remaining 20%,15% are tricky and 5% are hard to interpret/confusing.
Its tricky because,its hard to judge thier answers just by thoeritical knowledge.If you had coded,than only you can make out thier answers.
Its hard to interpret/confusing because some of the questions ask you to ASSUME on some facts which are not true.And for me,garbage related questions seemed to be testing my English rather than javas garbage collection mechanism.I think i messed up most of it.
Now coming to the Thread/concurrency questions,Most of the questions which i got are very simple/straightforward apart from only one.So i think i might have missed that complex one as well. So K and B is more than enough for concurrency questions.
Finally a word about Drag n Drop.I dont know whats the intention behind blanking them when you try to open it.That really p****d me off as i knew that i have left 2 D n D questions without answering[and without marking them as well] but couldnt make out which two.And i didnt had guts to open drag n Drop as i was running out of time.So gone are those 2 questions.
Anyways iam quite relieved from the results.I can get on with other things in life.
Many thanks to ranchers for helping me out in SCJP form.This is a fantastic community.
Finally BIG BIG THANKS for K and B without which i wouldnt have passed SCJP1.5. Thank You
So long story shory,As the book says "Read the Book,Pass the Exam". Its as simple as that.
First of all congrats on great score. Could you please tell which mock exams you bought? I have finished studying k& B book and now looking to buy commercial mock exams. Also, I am sure you must be having good java experience , that's why you just prepared in 4 weeks time.
"Success is a journey, not a destination." Ben Sweetland
Joined: Mar 22, 2004
Yes..Iam a java programmer...
Now coming to your question,if you take my advise,just keep on revising whatever you have studied in K and B...Do it again and again and again.. I think you know by now your weak areas..Just revise it again and again and again ...from k and B ofcourse...Dont go with mock exam at this stage as if you dont do it very well,its going to hurt your confidence..So..take my words..Just revise K and B...If you answer most of the mock questions of K and B given at the end of chapters,i think you are all set...Also,make sure you read all the "exam watch" just before going to exam...So in exam as soon as you see questions,you should know which "exam watch" its trying to violate ...Such should be your preparation...
So all the best..iam sure you are going to come out with flying colors..