Passed SCBCD with 90%. Books read HFEJB also Sanghera - This books is better for EJBQL. Mock exams jdiscuss, Softlearn, Enthuware, ejbcertificate. Used all available notes online made some of my own too.
Difficult questions asked:- EJBQL the drag drops were different from what i have seen in the mocks.
1. I had one that said which sql returned results ('Harry','Harry') that required some thinking. 2. One question i know I got wrong was how can an Bean developer get a UserTransaction.
The answers are from EJBContext.getUserTransaction() and from JNDI.
Two question that were confusing abt CMP Entity bean life cycle I had to make a choice between
3. 1. the container deserializes the EJBObject in the ejbActivate 2. the container always calls the unsetEntityContext while destroying an EJBOject
Another for matching choices
4. 1. Familiar with the operating env 2. Familiar with the run time env (Deployer, Sys Admin)
5. 1. Configures the resources 2. Provides auth for the resources (Deployer, Sys Admin)
6. A client encounters an EJBException 1. Client is local 2. Client is remote 3. Client cannot assume that the method did not complete 4. Container could not find the method
(choose 2) ( I chose 1,3)
I did not get any fill in the blanks. I had at least 6 drag and drops and you cannot review the drag drop questions. Cause it will erase the answers!
I had an initial review with questions on my EJB competence. I was not sure if I had answered expert to all the questions my exam would be harder. So I answered intermediate.
I have been doing EJBs for about 1.5 years. And prepared for 2 months on and off mostly. Most of the effort was on the last 20 days. I got an average of 90 on all mocks and 72 on the HFEJB. Most of the question were familiar or the exact same from the mocks. But there were about 5-6 that were new.