Have been delaying it for god knows how long. Planned on taking it in 2005 when i was at Sun and Java 5 was brand new. Since then work and then family kept me preoccupied. Finally just decided to go ahead and give it. This time i didn't get to revise my mock exams (enthuware) didn't get to read up On K&B and just banked on whatever i had read a year back. Anyways i passed with 86%. The exam seemed to be difficult while i was giving it but it was a satisfactory score not what i would have been proud of but its good enough.
Some pointers for the fellow brethren here:
1.) Generics............know what can be passed to a function and assigned in terms of generics. Specially understand the concept clearly of Polymorphism. Passing in polymorphic types to a function ( without ? extends ClassName) etc. What if uses extends syntax. You need to know that before you give your exam.
2) Huge amount of Drag and Drop questions, which is kind of good.
3) Thread synchronization. Know the difference between Object function calls like wait etc and Thread functions.
4) Know how to chain File I/O classes.
5) Don't go back to a drag and drop question because it resets your answer.
6) I did not do to well on OOAD concepts (70%) which is a shame because that is my bread and butter and i seemed to know it very well. Watch out for some trick stuff there. I would say prepare this section the best because people generally tend to ignore it thinking its easy.
7) Static's watch out for stuff like polymorphic calls to static member variables, like casting a object reference and then accessing some static variable using the casted reference. Practice it at home.
That's all i can remember for now. If you need any other pointers i will be glad to help.
Oh remembered some other stuff. Read up on System class API. getProperty, getProperties, getenv specifically. what they do how to retrieve etc
[ May 13, 2007: Message edited by: Abhishek Misra ] [ May 13, 2007: Message edited by: Abhishek Misra ]