Hi All, At last, one more gem to decorate my crown. I'm an SCDJWS since today morning. This is a breathtaking moment. I would like to thank everybody who had aided me to attain this feet.
ThanQ very much 1. Richard Monson-Haefel 2. Javaranch 3. Mikalai Zaikin 4. Watsh Rajneesh.
Being a guy driven by(obsessed with) Sun's Road map for Java EE certifications, I started over with SCJP and built my way through SCWCD, SCBCD and finally to SCDJWS.
Here's the tale on how I combated the certification . Ever since I was EJB 2 certified in early 2007, I have been trying hard to take up SCDJWS. Work pressure had been pulling me off the track. When I started serious preparations 3-4 months back, all I had was the urge to pursue SCDJWS and did not know a word about it. This is how I covered the exam's objectives
1. Slept over RMH's J2EE Web Services for 2 months . Read the book at least 4 times in and out (Chapters 1-24, Appendices D, E, F, G only). Topics like UDDI, JAXR were tough nuts to crack and were really beating the daylights out of me. Somehow managed to complete the entire book(Chapters 1-24, Appendices D, E, F, G only) after a vehement struggle .
2. Used Mikalai Zaikin's notes for JAXP( especially TrAX), JAXB, Web Service Security, BP Constraints, Design Patterns. The best part of the notes that I liked was the grouping of BP constraints mapped against a couple of topics.
3. Used Watsh Rajneesh's notes for SOA. Studied the entire guide starting from 'What is SOA' to the end. He had done a commendable job in trying to squeeze in Sun's blueprints on SOA there. I had a time crunch and could not afford to go through the entire Blue prints. So studied from his notes. The topics apart from SOA were regarding Client Prog model, EIS Integration, Client Design pattern etc. If one has enough time Sun's Blueprints can be referred, else I would strongly recomend Watsh Rajneesh's notes for these topics as well. Plainly put, one must read starting from SOA to the end of the guide.
4. Took Whizlabs Mocks
5. Tried Mikalai Zaikin's Quiz
7. As a routine task, visited Javaranch's SCDJWS forum everyday
At this point I was brimming with Web Service concepts and literally reached the threshold. Time to give a shot at SCDJWS... eh? I finally decided to give the exam and scheduled it to today. Cleared the exam with 97%. I missed 2 questions and both were from WS Security
The exam questions were pretty straightforward. Anybody who has read *something* about each objective of the exam would be able to clear the exam. Apologies to be cruel there . Frankly admitting, of the 4 SUN certifications I took, this was 'the biggest & toughest fish to fry' (put in HeadFirst's language ). Anyways, Mission Accomplished after a tiresome battle with RMH's book .
What next... ? 1.Rest, 2.SCEA. Also considering Mustang and EJB3 as alternate options.
No one need raise their brow wondering 'That was a huge passage', because its a lot shorter than my real experience that I wished to share.
Need help regarding SCDJWS preparation? shoot me an email. Would be more than happy to help.