I fell short by 9.67% and failed miserably [Fail - 50.33% (26.17 earned out of 52]. I want to give another shot soon. Calling passers to solve the Qs below. Following are the questions(ask me for pics of 4 exhibits/diagrams Qs.): 1) In a scenario where the customer uses databases from several vendors and wishes to improve performance, scalability and maintainability with IBM WebSphere Application Server V5, which design approach fits BEST? A.Use session beans as a facade to CMP beans providing local interfaces B.Use stateless session beans and BMP with performance-optimized SQL C.Develop stored procedures for performance-critical queries D.Call CMP entity bean methods directly via their remote interface to reduce network traffic
2) A developer is going to use an existing class named DataContainer. This class has a lot of fine-grained attributes and the data represented will be only used as a whole. When designing an entity bean that declares a persistent field of type DataContainer with IBM WebSphere Studio V5 the developer: (Select 3) A.makes use of dependent value class concept B.can use an EJB composer to map the attributes to database columns C.should declare the DataContainer class as serializable and abstract D.is able to query the attributes of DataContainer class with EJB QL
3) A developer has created a Java Project in IBM WebSphere Studio, which is used by an EJB Project. When the server is started for testing, the following messages appear in the console. ... addEjbModule failed for LibraryEJBProject.jar [class com.ibm.ws.runtime.component.DeployedModuleImpl] java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problems: ... Which of the following should the developer suspect? A.The developer did not run 'Generate -> Deploy and RMIC Code...' B.The developer did not run 'Run Validation' C.The Java Project is not added to 'Project Utility JARs' in the Application Deployment Descriptor D.The EJB Project is not added to 'Project Utility JARs' in the Application Deployment Descriptor E.The Java Project is not added to 'Java Build Path' in the EJB Project
4) An application uses BMP to manage the persistence of Customer and Address entity beans. Customers must have exactly one Address. Given this composition relationship and assuming that Customer holds the primary key for Address in a persistent field, which methods might be part of the implementation for Customer? (Select 2) A.The ejbRemove() method of Customer invokes the remove() method of Address. B.The ejbLoad() method of Customer invokes the findByPrimaryKey() method of AddressHome. C.The ejbLoad() method of Customer invokes the ejbLoad() method of Address. D.The ejbStore() method of Customer invokes the ejbStore() method of Address. E.The ejbPassivate() method of Customer invokes the ejbPassivate() method of Address.
5) A developer wants to migrate an enterprise application which was running on IBM WebSphere Application Server AE V4. When refactoring the code to make use of the new EJB 2.0 features the developer MUST: (Select 2) A.be aware of pass-by-reference semantics when using Local Interfaces with entity beans B.be aware of pass-by-value semantics when using Local Interfaces with session beans C.make sure all CMP classes are refactored to be abstract and final classes D.declare all CMP classes as abstract and remove persistent fields
6) What is the best practice for implementing the business logic in a message-driven bean (MDB) that needs to interact with other EJBs in the system? A.Implement the business logic in the onMessage() method of the MDB. B.Factor the business logic into one or more JavaBeans to increase their reuse. C.Use a session EJB to implement the business logic and interact with the other EJBs. D.Use a Java bean wrapper access bean to encapsulate the business logic.
7) A developer implements a web-based business process which spans multiple steps. The developer should prefer maintaining state between the steps with stateful session beans instead of HttpSession objects IF: (Select 3) A.there are also non-Web-based clients B.a single HTTP request maps a business method call C.transactions can span multiple business process steps D.the client-specific state data is small E.a single HTTP request involves several calls to entity beans
8) When setting up the JMS server, in a test environment which is already running message-driven beans (MDB), which of the following properties MUST be configured to correctly communicate messages to a new MDB? (Select 2) A.Queue JNDI name B.Initial state to: Started C.Queue name D.Connection factory JNDI name E.Listener port name
9) While testing the create method of a CMP entity bean using the Universal Test Client of IBM WebSphere Studio Application Developer, the following exception is thrown: ... Exception: COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.DB2Exception: [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/NT] ... SQL0803N One or more values in the INSERT statement, UPDATE statement, or foreign key update caused by a DELETE statement are not valid because the primary key, unique constraint or unique index identified by "1" constrains table "LIBRARY.PATRON" from having duplicate rows for those columns. SQLSTATE=23505 Which of the following is the BEST place to set the breakpoint? A.The ejbCreate method B.The create method C.The ejbPostCreate method D.The ejbStore method
10) A typical use of ejbHome and ejbSelect method would be? (Select 2) A.use ejbSelect methods within ejbHome methods to return entities B.use ejbSelect methods to access fields of a bean instance C.use ejbHome methods to perform operation not specific to a entity instance D.Use ejbHome methods to initialize entity bean instance variables
11) A class is created which implements the HttpSessionBindingListener interface and an instance is created in a web application. Which of the following would be the MOST common use of the features of such an object? A.The relationship between the object's internal state and the persistent representation can be synchronized when the object is stored in or removed from the HttpSession. B.The object can be used to monitor the usage of the HttpSession to provide information to detect performance problems caused by HttpSession usage. C.When the HttpSession is invalidated the object can manually ensure all objects stored in the HttpSession are correctly removed to prevent memory leakage. D.Multiple HttpSession objects relating to the same client can be combined to avoid application data loss in situations where a client is required to reauthenticate.
12) Which of the following MUST be provided in a tag library descriptor XML file? (Select 2) A.The version of JSP custom tags being used. B.The version of J2EE for the custom tag library. C.The definition of at least one custom tag. D.The short name of the web application in which the library is used. E.The prefix for the custom tags defined in the library.
13) Which of the following statements are TRUE about the implicit objects in JSP? (Select 2) A.The "in" object can be used to retrieve user input. B.The "config" object can be used to retrieve initialization parameters. C.The "request" object can be used to retrieve header information. D.The "dispatcher" object is used to forward or include other servlets or JSPs. E.The "context" object can be used to retrieve context information such as referrer URI and MIME type.
14) A developer wishes to hide the name of a servlet class from users of a web application for security reasons. Which of the following are the BEST ways to accomplish this? (Select 2) A.Modify the mapping in the New Servlet Wizard when creating the servlet. B.Modify the mapping in the Web Deployment Descriptor editor. C.Use a proxy translator to map the external URL to the servlet class. D.Configure the mapping in the configuration editor for the WebSphere V5.0 Test Environment. E.Modify the mapping in the properties dialog for the servlet.
15) Upon startup, a web application reads global information from a database into an object of type com.ibm.ApplicationInfo and adds this object to the servlet context. Which of the following tags allows for accessing this information from a JSP page? A.<jsp:useBean id="appinfo" class="com.ibm.ApplicationInfo" /> B.<jsp:useBean id="appinfo" class="com.ibm.ApplicationInfo" scope="config"/> C.<jsp:useBean id="appinfo" class="com.ibm.ApplicationInfo" scope="context"/> D.<jsp:useBean id="appinfo" scope="application" class="com.ibm.ApplicationInfo"/>
16) When processing a request, which of the following objects is BEST suited for sharing data between the servlet that is processing the request and the JSP the request is forwarded to? A.request B.session C.context D.application
17) A developer wishes to write a custom class to log information about HttpSession lifecycle events, including creation and destruction of HttpSessions. Which of the following MUST the developer do? (Select 2) A.Write a class which implements HttpSessionAttributeListener. B.Write a class which implements HttpSessionListener. C.Add the listener classes to the web deployment descriptor. D.Write a class which implements HttpSessionBindingListener. E.Configure the listeners using the Server Configuration editor.
18) A developer is designing a web application in which a user will submit a form containing information about a credit card transaction. This information will be used to validate the transaction using a network service provided by the credit card company. If the transaction is approved the transaction details are logged in a relational database and a confirmation is returned to the user. Maintainability, role separation and code reuse are all important objectives in the project. Which of the following would be the BEST way to structure the application? A.A servlet receives the HTTP request, uses a session EJB to validate the transaction and forwards the request to a JSP to display the confirmation message. B.A servlet receives the HTTP request, performs the transaction validation in the servlet method and writes the confirmation message to the response as HTML. C.A JSP receives the HTTP request, uses a session EJB to validate the transaction and uses the results to generate the dynamic response to send back to the user. D.A JSP receives the HTTP request, uses a JavaBean to validate the transaction and forwards the request to a servlet to write the confirmation message to the response as HTML.
19) A web application is experiencing very large volumes of traffic and profiling has shown that the amount of session data managed by the server is becoming too large for it to handle. Which of the following is the BEST way to solve the problem? A.Use the HttpSession to store only key values which can be used to access data in a third-tier system. B.Configure the application server to use URL rewriting instead of Cookies to manage the session ID. C.Disable HttpSession serialization to prevent automatic storage of HttpSession objects during periods of heavy load. D.Use HTML hidden fields to manage client-specific application data instead of HttpSessions.
20) A developer wants to generate access beans for session EJBs that have remote interfaces. Which type of access bean, generated by WebSphere Studio, is appropriate to meet this requirement? A.Java bean wrapper B.Copy helper C.Row set D.Data class
21) Which of the following deployment descriptors CANNOT have EJB references defined? A.ejb-jar.xml B.web.xml C.application-client.xml D.dds.xml
22) When a developer declares an EJB local reference in WebSphere Studio and tests the J2EE 1.3 application using the WebSphere V5.0 Test environment, what element does NOT need to be specified? A.global JNDI binding for EJB local home B.ejb-ref-type C.local-home D.home
23) What items MUST be specified when defining a custom web service XML-to-Java mapping during the creation of a web service SOAP client? (Select 2) A.a Java class to map to B.a deserializer class C.a marshaller method D.an unmarshaller method
24) A developer has finished writing a message-driven bean to handle messages arriving from a business partner. WebSphere Application Server has been installed on a test machine and a connection factory and destination have been configured for the embedded JMS provider using the Administrative Console, but no other configuration has been performed. What other configuration task MUST be completed before the MDB can be tested on the test server? A.Add a new message listener port B.Enable the message listener service C.Specify a message passivation directory D.Specify the native library directory
25) A DataSource named "MyDatasource" has been created and configured (in WebSphere Test Environment) to have an "Unused timeout" of 30 and a "Minimum connections" of 10. If a servlet acquires a connection from that DataSource, and the servlet holds the connection for 2 minutes without using it, which statement is TRUE? A.The servlet's connection will be unaffected by the Unused timeout. B.The pool size will be increased by 10 when some other servlet needs a connection. C.After 30 seconds, WebSphere can return the connection to the connection pool. D.The servlet's service() method will throw a javax.sql.PooledConnectionException if the servlet attempts to use its connection.
26) A servlet program requests a database connection from a DataSource with JNDI name "jdbc/MyDatasource" connection pool. Based on the connection, the program executes an SQL statement, then the program releases the connection to the connection pool. The code in the servlet that handles the connection pool is as follows: 1: Context context = new InitialContext(); 2: DataSource ds = (DataSource)PortableRemoteObject.narrow(context.lookup("jdbc/DB2Sample"), DataSource.class); 3: Connection conn = ds.getConnection("userid", "PASSWORD"); 4: // Use the connection to perform database access 5: if(conn!=null) conn.close() For best performance and highest reuse of the connection pool, which steps should be put into servlet init method? A.1,2,3 B.1,2,3,4 C.1,2 D.No steps are performed in the init method
27) Which of the following statements are TRUE about tuning Data Source connection pools? (Select 2) A.For better performance, set the Maximum Connections value for the connection pool lower than the value for the Max Connections in the Web container. B.For better performance, set the Reap Time interval to a very small value. C.Set the Reap time interval to a value less than that of Unused Timeout and Aged Timeout settings. D.Maximum connections defines the total number of connections that are created by all servers in a cluster.
28) While testing a session bean configured with "Bean Managed", a developer discovers that a TransactionRolledBackException is being thrown by a call to a method on an entity bean. The session bean, prior to calling the method, explicitly started the transaction. Possible causes for the exception are that the: (Select 2) A.entity bean method is throwing a checked exception and is configured with a transaction attribute of "Required". B.entity bean method is throwing an unchecked exception and is configured with a transaction attribute of "Required". C.entity bean does not throw an exception but is configured with a transaction attribute of "Not Supported". D.entity bean method is throwing an exception and is configured with a transaction attribute of "Requires New".
29) The following sequence of method calls occurred on a CMP entity bean instance when a session bean invoked the CMP's businessMethod1() and businessMethod2() methods from the same session bean method entityBean.ejbActivate() entityBean.ejbLoad() entityBean.businessMethod1() entityBean.businessMethod2() entityBean.ejbStore() entityBean.ejbPassivate() Assuming that the session bean is configured with 'Required', what MUST be TRUE about the scenario that generated these method calls? (Select 2) A.The business methods are NOT configured with 'RequiresNew' B.Any persistent state changes that occur as a result of businessMethod1() are in the same transaction scope as changes made by businessMethod2(). C.Any persistent state changes that occur as a result of businessMethod1() are in a different transaction scope than changes made by businessMethod2(). D.ejbStore() will write the resultant state of the entity bean to the persistent store.
30) While testing a method of a container-managed transaction EJB, javax.ejb.TransactionRequiredException is thrown. The method is configured with transaction attribute: A.Never B.Required C.Supports D.RequiresNew E.Mandatory
31) While testing a BMP entity bean, a developer discovers that a transaction rollback does not cause a rollback of the changes made to the bean as it should. Which of the following should the developer suspect? (Select 2) A.The ejbPassivate() method has a bug. B.The ejbStore() method has a bug. C.The ejbCreate() method has a bug. D.The datastore does not support JTA. E.The transaction does not implement javax.transaction.UserTransaction.
32) A developer discovers that an exception being thrown from a business method on a bean-managed transaction session bean does not cause the transaction to rollback as expected. What would correct this problem? (Select 2) A.Call setRollbackOnly() on the EJBContext. B.Call rollback() on the current UserTransaction object. C.Call rollback() on the EJBContext. D.call setRollbackOnly() on the UserTransaction object.
33) A self-service airline application needs to define a JDBC resource reference for a DB2 travel database in the deployment descriptor. Assuming that the name of the resource reference is "travel", what is the appropriate declaration? A.java:comp/env/jdbc/travel B.java:comp/env/travel C.java:jdbc/env/db2/travel D.java:comp/env/jdbc/db2/travel
34) An enterprise application employs servlets, JSPs, HTML pages, images, EJBs and Java classes. These Java classes are common to both servlets and EJBs. What is the BEST way to package these components into J2EE modules? A.Package the servlets and JSPs into a WAR file, the Enterprise Beans into an EJB JAR and the Java classes in a separate JAR. After which package these archives along with the JSPs, HTML pages and images into an EAR file. B.Package the servlets, HTML pages, images and JSPs into a WAR file, the Enterprise Beans into an EJB JAR and the Java classes in a separate JAR. After which package these archives into an EAR file. C.Package the servlets, Java Classes, HTML pages, images and JSPs into a WAR file, the Enterprise Beans and the Java classes into an EJB JAR. After which package these archives into an EAR file. D.Package the servlets and JSPs into a WAR file, the Enterprise Beans into an EJB JAR and the Java classes in a separate JAR. Publish the JSPs, HTML pages and images to the Web Server document root and package the Java archives into an EAR file.
35) Two enterprise applications use a third party software (like Apache Xerces). While the actual versions of the third party software used are different between the two applications, the name of the JAR files across different versions is the same. To ensure proper running of these enterprise applications, which of the following should be used in WebSphere Application Server, V5.0 for application classloading policy? A.SERVLET ENGINE B.SERVER C.APPLICATION D.MULTIPLE E.SINGLE
36) Which of the following may be performed when a packaged enterprise application (EAR file) is deployed or installed in WebSphere Application Server, V5.0? (Select 2) A.Generate the deploy code for enterprise beans in EJB modules. B.Define the custom tag libraries used by the JSPs in the web module deployment descriptor. C.Specify "Context Root" for each web module. D.Generate Access beans for any enterprise beans. E.Map entity beans to relational database schema.
37) The "Universal Test Client" feature of WebSphere Studio Application Developer, V5 test environments can be used to test which of the following? A.Servlets in the web modules of the enterprise application. B.Enterprise beans in the EJB modules of the enterprise application. C.Resource adapters in the enterprise application D.Custom tag libraries in the web modules of the enterprise application
38) How can a developer set the port number for the web container while running an enterprise application using WebSphere V5 test environments in WebSphere Studio Application Developer, V5? A.By defining the port number in the deployment descriptor of the web modules in the enterprise application. B.By defining the port number in the deployment descriptor of the enterprise application. C.By defining the port number in the deployment descriptor of the ejb modules in the enterprise application. D.By defining the port number in the test environment Server Configuration.
39) Which of the following may be specified by the deployment descriptor of a web module? A.The application EAR file that would contain this web module. B.The "Context Root" for the web module C.The list of servlets included in the web module. D.The list of shared libraries the web module depends on. E.The file system path in which the web module should be deployed.
40) Which of the following is NOT a benefit of marking a resource reference to a DataSource in the server configuration as SHAREABLE? A.Multiple connection handles can be mapped to the same physical database connection. B.Applications do not tie up physical database connections when they are not accessing the database. C.The isolation level for each connection handle can be set by an application as needed. D.Connection handles can be cached and then reused after the application has completed it's database transaction.
41) A web application needs to be able to scale to very large volume with a very diverse client profile. Application data involves only small amounts of primitive data, which are not sensitive. Which of the following is the BEST approach for managing application state? A.Use persistent Cookies. B.Use hidden form fields. C.Use HttpSessions. D.Use stateful session beans.
42) The following are all true about Message Listener ports configured in the application server to support message-driven beans EXCEPT: A.The same listener port can be used for more than one message-driven bean. B.The listener port is bound to a specific JMS provider and a specific queue or topic managed by that JMS provider. C.Listener ports can be configured to be started explicitly or automatically started when the Application Server starts. D.Listener ports will ignore any messages posted to the queue or topic for which they are configured prior to being started.
43) In addition to using the server configuration editor, which of the following methods can be employed to modify the trace specifications of a server running the WebSphere test environment in WebSphere Studio? (Select 2) A.Programatically, calling the setTraceSpec(String) method of the com.ibm.etools.Trace class. B.Edit the server-cfg.xml file. C.Through the Administration Console. D.Edit the bootstrap.properties file.
44) Given the design goal of having an application be as robust as possible, which techniques should the developer AVOID in the design? (Select 2) A.Use persistent HttpSessions to manage application state data. B.Use stateful session EJBs to manage application state data. C.Make references to node-specific resources. D.Make all resource references via java:comp/env JNDI references.
45) A JSP is displaying data from a JavaBean accessed through a <jsp:useBean> tag. It is an error condition if the JavaBean is not found in the request scope at runtime.� What should the JSP developer do to ensure correct behavior? (Select 2) A.Specify the real JavaBean's Java type as the value for only the class attribute of the jsp:useBean tag. B.Specify the JavaBean's Java type as the value for only the type attribute of the jsp:useBean tag. C.Add an isErrorPage specification in a JSP page directive. D.Add an errorPage specification in a JSP page directive.
46) A developer suspects memory leaks in an application. After collecting profiling information, which two views will help determine where and why the memory leak is occuring? (Select 2) A.Method Execution. B.Sequence Diagram. C.Object Reference. D.Method Invocation. E.Heap
47) An "account" CMP bean has a container-managed relationship to a "customer" CMP bean. The account table reflects the relationship with a foreign key relating to the customer table. The foreign key is declared with a "NOT NULL" constraint. When creating a new account for a customer the developer MUST: (Select 2) A.set the customer in the ejbCreate method of the account bean B.set the customer in the ejbPostCreate method of the account bean C.set the account in the ejbPostCreate method of the customer bean D.provide a local interface for the customer CMP entity bean
48) A Java client application has to display data in multiple views where each view has its own data requirements. The BEST strategy for retrieving the data from the server is to: A.Use session beans to gather the required data from multiple entity beans. B.Use entity beans to provide the required data. C.Move entity beans to the thick client. D.Use message-driven beans to gather the required data from multiple entity beans.
49) Refer to the exhibit to answer the question. Which of the following statements are TRUE regarding this deployment descriptor? (Select 2) A.A client under the identity of roleA can invoke Blue and Yellow through White. B.A client under the identity of roleA can invoke Blue and Yellow through Black. C.A client under the identity of roleB can invoke Yellow and Green through White. D.A client under the identity of roleB can invoke Blue and Green through Black. E.A client under the identity of roleB can invoke Yellow and Green through Black.
50) Refer to the exhibit to answer the question. During testing, a user enters user ID and password information into an HTML form and this information is submitted to the LoginServlet. The browser displays the expected JSP depending on whether valid or invalid user information is provided, but an IllegalStateException is thrown when the user details are valid. Which of the following actions will correct this problem? B.Add URL mappings for the JSPs to the web deployment descriptor so that they can be preloaded by the web container. C.Add code to the start of LoginServlet's doGet method to set the status and the content type of the HttpServletResponse object. D.Add a page directive to the JSPs to set autoFlush to false.
51) Refer to the exhibit to answer the question. Consider adding the Customer EJB to a TravelApplication Enterprise Application. What is the BEST method permission to provide access by the Agent role to the findCustomersByPhoneNumber method? Map the Agent role to: A.all the methods in the Customer EJB. B.all the finder methods in the Customer EJB home. C.the findCustomersByPhoneNumber method in the Customer EJB home. D.the findCustomersByPhoneNumber method in the Customer EJB Access Bean. �
52) Refer to the exhibit to answer the question. The code snippet in the exhibit is part of a business method in a session bean deployed to the WebSphere Application Server. The method puts a message on a queue managed by WebSphere MQ. When the code on Line 3 is executed at runtime, a javax.naming.NamingException is thrown. All of the following could cause the exception EXCEPT: A.The JNDI name used in Line 3 for the resource reference to the QueueConnectionFactory is not in the server configuration. B.The QueueConnectionFactory referenced by the resource reference is not in the server configuration. C.The resource reference with the JNDI name used in Line 3 is a reference to a TopicConnectionFactory in the server configuration. D.The WebSphere MQ JMS client classes are not in the runtime classpath of the enterprise application in which the session bean is deployed.
you need no brains. Just type in 287 in the search of this forum. Btw. I allready do own this certi and I am quite a bit shocked how much I have forgotten in the meantime. So it might help to discuss the questions a bit. here's the best link, I think: http://www.coderanch.com/t/144306/po/certification/ICE-answers-WebSphere Notice that during discussion more and more false answers were eliminated, so you'll have to take into account the whole thread. Also this is a very difficult certification. I think. But one learns a lot. And forgets a lot
Yeah that thread looks to be very informative(Pre 287) but a bit messy. So thanks for the info. Well you know life is getting so hectic for most of us I guess. We learn, try to learn, forget what learned... Quite true what you mentioned in you reply. I guess to succeed in this race we all need to and