• Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Any Certification in Financial Domain or Insurance

 
Munish Dabra
Greenhorn
Posts: 19
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I'm just wondering , Is there any good domain certification in finance or insurance exist there for tech guys
 
Arun Kumar Ilangovan
Ranch Hand
Posts: 44
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Gr8 question.. i need to know that too.. folks pls help us
 
Rick Portugal
Ranch Hand
Posts: 243
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
A lot of IT people I work with take the Series 6 and Series 7.

http://www.investopedia.com/professionals/series6/
http://www.investopedia.com/professionals/series7/

Although they aren't specifically designed for Systems people.
 
Munish Dabra
Greenhorn
Posts: 19
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Thanks Rick ..that helps
 
Mathur Neni
Ranch Hand
Posts: 33
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Any suggestions on Series 6 or 7, which is better for the tech guys, as per the current financial market?

I have seen that the prerequisite for the certification is:
"You must be sponsored by a firm who is a member of the NASD or is a Self Regulatory Organization (SRO)."

What is this sponsored mean for?

Thanks in advance.
 
Avusingi NagaJyothi
Greenhorn
Posts: 10
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
HI,

For Insurance Domain, we have INS21,INS22 and INS23 exams from AICPCU.

Exam pattern will be simple, objective questions.

Book and Mock test will be available, this exam will really give nice understanding over Insurance.

I have cleared INS21 so let me know if you need any information or you can check site for AICPCU.

Reagrds,
Jyothi.
 
Avusingi NagaJyothi
Greenhorn
Posts: 10
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
For More information: http://www.aicpcu.org/flyers/ins.htm
 
Mathur Neni
Ranch Hand
Posts: 33
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi NagaJyothi,

THANK YOU for the information.

For now, I am trying for finance domain.

This info will be surely helpful, if I've to go into insurance. Thank You for the info once again.

Thanks,
Neni
 
Avusingi NagaJyothi
Greenhorn
Posts: 10
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
HI Anil,

I took this exam thru my company. SO they have ordered books from AICPCU I hope.

You find out the details in the link I have provided in my previous reply.

for INS21 there is only one book. it will be very comfortable to read and enough to clear the exam.

Regards,
-------------------------------@
NagaJyothi Avusingi,
Sun Certified - SCJP1.4, SCWCD1.4
IBM Certified - DB2-700, DB2-703
AICPCU-INS21
------------------------------@
 
Munish Dabra
Greenhorn
Posts: 19
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
yeah, agreed with Jyothi..Program in General Insurance is a good exam from AICPCU/IIA . Even I am doing the same.
But not justified somehow with series 6 or 7 , they sounds too much on business side.Is there anything else which can go well for Financial domain esp something in Fixed income.
 
Raju kona
Greenhorn
Posts: 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Jyothi,

Hope all is well, Can you tell me the process of taking the INS 21 Exam,

How many hours of study would be sufficient to take the Exam and Process to be followed. Any idea greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Raj


Avusingi NagaJyothi wrote:HI,

For Insurance Domain, we have INS21,INS22 and INS23 exams from AICPCU.

Exam pattern will be simple, objective questions.

Book and Mock test will be available, this exam will really give nice understanding over Insurance.

I have cleared INS21 so let me know if you need any information or you can check site for AICPCU.

Reagrds,
Jyothi.
 
Uday Kulkarni
Greenhorn
Posts: 5
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Raj

You can register for INS21 exam on AICPCU site. The exam can be taken in any prometric centre.

The passing percentage for the exam is 70%. In total there will be 85 questions you need to answer 60 questions corectly.

I took the exam last month . i had got 65 mupltiple chocie questions based on concepts and 20 questions based on senarios.

The study material provided by AICPCU will have total 10 chapters .. and the exam consists of questions from these chaperts only.

Let me know if you need INS21 material.

Thanks
Uday


Raju kona wrote:Hi Jyothi,

Hope all is well, Can you tell me the process of taking the INS 21 Exam,

How many hours of study would be sufficient to take the Exam and Process to be followed. Any idea greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Raj


Avusingi NagaJyothi wrote:HI,

For Insurance Domain, we have INS21,INS22 and INS23 exams from AICPCU.

Exam pattern will be simple, objective questions.

Book and Mock test will be available, this exam will really give nice understanding over Insurance.

I have cleared INS21 so let me know if you need any information or you can check site for AICPCU.

Reagrds,
Jyothi.
 
Suyog Premchand
Greenhorn
Posts: 3
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Suyog wrote:I'm just wondering , if one can appear for INS21 exam conducted by AICPCU,USA in india?I am located in Pune.Please let me know if there is any exam center in Pune
 
sunildeep Sharma
Greenhorn
Posts: 1
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi ,
Can Any body help me to find out the total cost for this certification
 
Mandar Patki
Greenhorn
Posts: 16
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
sunildeep Sharma wrote:Hi ,
Can Any body help me to find out the total cost for this certification


Rs. 3000/- for more details = http://niapune.com/pdfs/Online_exam.pdf
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic