Yesterday I passed the OCUP UML 2.0 Fundamental with score 72/80 (90%). The fundamental exam is quite easy. Some questions have ambiguous choices. Since we can hardly find resources, information, advices, and mock exams of OCUP certification, I will try to share and answer any questions to friends who are interested in the exam.
Resources: *** A Must Read OCUP Fundamental Exam - Table of Contents Exam Coverage Map UML 2.0 Superstructure (Draft Adopted) UML 2.0 Superstructure (Formal) Note: There are little differences in contents between the formal and the draft adopted specification. You don't have to read both or catch all the differences. The exam is based on the draft adopted specification because OCUPs was released before the final specification has been completed. You will find the "OCUP Fundamental Exam - Table of Contents" in the link above was also written according to the draft adopted specification. Thus, I, personally, recommend the draft adopted specification.
Books: *** You don't need it unless you are suffering from UML superstructure Special thank to Pathik of Sadikhov Forum for the following details:
UML Bible Coverage for UML Bible: General Concepts: Chapter 1-4 Class Diagram: Chapter 5,6 and Instance diagram from 7. Interaction Diagrams: Chapter 9 (Up to Interaction Occurrence will be enough) Use-case Diagram: Chapter 12 Activity Diagram: Chapter 13
You can read only the superstructure specification and need no other resources, books, and mock exams if you can understand and remember the significant parts of it. The most of items in the exam are about UML elements and notations. It doesn't require you to know what is a good or bad design. The contents you should capture are:
1. Class Diagram -- Hierarchies of metaclasses in Kernel package. For example, you have to know "Package is inherited from Namespace and PackageableElement" -- Relationship and Association. -- The notations and symbols in Class(Kernel) including Dependencies and Interfaces specified in the superstructure. -- The meaning and use of each stereotypes and keywords used in Dependencies e.g. <<substitute>>
2. Activity Diagram -- All notations.
3. Interaction Diagram -- the traces represented by the sequence diagram(Trace is a sequence of event). Notations are also important.
4. Use case Diagram -- All possible notations. Concepts of extending and including use cases and dependencies of use cases.
5. Misc. -- Meaning of additional stereotypes and kind of primitives. If you read all sections specified by OMG CoverageMap, it's not a problem.
You may not worried much about time challenging(The exam contains 84 items in 90 minutes). If you can remember UML notations, you will finish each items very quickly. Each question and its choices are relatively short and don't require more thought or calculation.
Hope this would be a help in preparation for OCUP! Again, thanks to Sadikhov Forum and all ranchers. [ February 13, 2007: Message edited by: Choopong Songcharoenkij ]
SCEA5.0 (In Progress), SCBCD5.0, SCBCD1.3, SCWCD5.0, SCWCD1.4, SCJD, SCJP6.0, SCJP5.0, SCJP1.4, SCJA1.0<br />OMG Certified UML 2.0 Professional - Fundamental - Intermediate - Advanced <br />Oracle Database 10g Administrator Certified Associate