Win a copy of Re-engineering Legacy Software this week in the Refactoring forum
or Docker in Action in the Cloud/Virtualization forum!
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

Completed IBM 833/834

 
Raghavendra Balgi
Greenhorn
Posts: 3
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I've just completed IBM's 833 and 834 with 84% and 68% respectively. I have to say that 834 is much longer and tougher one than 833. I've heard some ppl. on the forum say that the test doesnt cover RUP but sadly it does
and thats what did me in. I had an overview of RUP (the phases, activities etc). This is necessary to ensure that you understand the jargon used in the exam like subsystem design, analysis mechanisms, architectural mechanisms, unify collaborations, unify use cases etc.It goes into such detail that there are questions expecting one to know the workflows in RUP and the activities under them.

The coverage of UML is pretty OK and a book like UML Distilled would suffice (though I would say reading "Learning UML from Oreilly" would be a good bet). Craig Larmans' book is a must read.
Try to find a book on RUP (to cover both the process, the product and the framework). I would suggest RUP Made Easy by Phillipe Krutchen/Per Scroll as a good introductory book.

I believe that the test itself should be named 'Object Analysis and Design with UML and RUP'.

All the best.
 
Ahmad Khalafallah
Greenhorn
Posts: 4
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Congrats!

Thanks for the advice.

Ahmad Khalafallah
 
Mohan Vinukonda
Ranch Hand
Posts: 32
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Originally posted by Raghavendra Balgi:
I've just completed IBM's 833 and 834 with 84% and 68% respectively. I have to say that 834 is much longer and tougher one than 833. I've heard some ppl. on the forum say that the test doesnt cover RUP but sadly it does
and thats what did me in. I had an overview of RUP (the phases, activities etc). This is necessary to ensure that you understand the jargon used in the exam like subsystem design, analysis mechanisms, architectural mechanisms, unify collaborations, unify use cases etc.It goes into such detail that there are questions expecting one to know the workflows in RUP and the activities under them.

The coverage of UML is pretty OK and a book like UML Distilled would suffice (though I would say reading "Learning UML from Oreilly" would be a good bet). Craig Larmans' book is a must read.
Try to find a book on RUP (to cover both the process, the product and the framework). I would suggest RUP Made Easy by Phillipe Krutchen/Per Scroll as a good introductory book.

I believe that the test itself should be named 'Object Analysis and Design with UML and RUP'.

All the best.


Hi Can any one let me know can we complete both the tests 833&834 at a sigle shot or wat. I am planning to write UML certification which one I need to select. thanks in advance.
 
Joe Harry
Ranch Hand
Posts: 10091
3
Eclipse IDE Mac PPC Ubuntu
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Congrats!
 
Hong Anderson
Ranch Hand
Posts: 1936
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Congrats
 
Cameron Wallace McKenzie
author and cow tipper
Saloon Keeper
Posts: 4968
1
Hibernate Spring Tomcat Server
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Congratulations! Those are some tough exams.

-Cameron McKenzie
 
Sultan Ahmed
Greenhorn
Posts: 3
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Could someone please reply with which version of Craig Larman's book is needed for exams 833 and 844. I believe the latest version is 3rd edition. I have the 2nd edition and was wondering if I will need the 3rd edition.
 
Emmanuel Garcia
Greenhorn
Posts: 12
  • Likes 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Sultan Ahmed wrote:Could someone please reply with which version of Craig Larman's book is needed for exams 833 and 844. I believe the latest version is 3rd edition. I have the 2nd edition and was wondering if I will need the 3rd edition.


Hi. I have the second edition and it is about UML, Patterns and RUP, I read this book and it is great for the test 833/834, but I have to say you that
I read the DEV475 Course from IBM too, I have a copy of this document and the questions are very similar with the information contained in it

The past week I made the test 833 and passed with 100%, but I have reading that the test 834 is more difficult than the 833

If you want the PDF send me a message.

Regards
 
Jatin Arora
Greenhorn
Posts: 2
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
HEY congratz brother... thanks for guidelines... I will be appearing for the test as well soon... Please wish me luck and give as many pointers as possible... if you have any question banks please send me across..
 
Vaka Tarun
Greenhorn
Posts: 1
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi Emmanuel,

I have started preparing for the exams IBM833/834; Can you please send me the PDF (DEV475 Course) and any material.

Regards,

 
Emmanuel Garcia
Greenhorn
Posts: 12
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I have only one advice, you shoud read the PDF DEV475
 
Emmanuel Garcia
Greenhorn
Posts: 12
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
vaka, please read the rules to choose the nickname, and If you want the PDF, send me a private message, It is the unique form.

but first, change the nickname, I have not any problems with the administrator.

 
Vinod Tiwari
Ranch Hand
Posts: 466
1
IntelliJ IDE Java Oracle
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Congrats mate...
 
Emmanuel Garcia
Greenhorn
Posts: 12
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi everybody


Yesterday, I made the second test, I can say you that the test 834 is easier than 833 and I believe that is more interesting too, although the first test is the base to begin with the OOAD.

I passed the test with 96%, I made the test as yet because I didn't have time and money, the cost for this is the same 200 dollars.

You should not forget check the next URL http://certified-es.blogspot.com/ , here there are many questions about these tests, although the title is "Certified (En espaƱol)" many questions are in english.

I hope that you share your experience with us, and your mocks, emulators, pages, blogs and so on, about this certification.

Regards
 
Vinod Tiwari
Ranch Hand
Posts: 466
1
IntelliJ IDE Java Oracle
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Congrats
 
Saraswathy Dhandapani
Greenhorn
Posts: 4
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Dear Emmanuel ,

I am preparing for IBM 833/834 tests. Can you please send me the PDF on DEV475 Course from IBM .

Emmanuel Garcia wrote:
Sultan Ahmed wrote:Could someone please reply with which version of Craig Larman's book is needed for exams 833 and 844. I believe the latest version is 3rd edition. I have the 2nd edition and was wondering if I will need the 3rd edition.


Hi. I have the second edition and it is about UML, Patterns and RUP, I read this book and it is great for the test 833/834, but I have to say you that
I read the DEV475 Course from IBM too, I have a copy of this document and the questions are very similar with the information contained in it

The past week I made the test 833 and passed with 100%, but I have reading that the test 834 is more difficult than the 833

If you want the PDF send me a message.

Regards
 
Gaurav Tripathi
Ranch Hand
Posts: 94
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Congratulations .....
 
Peter Sin
Ranch Hand
Posts: 547
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Congratulations.
 
Saraswathy Dhandapani
Greenhorn
Posts: 4
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Dear Emmanuel ,

I am preparing for IBM 833/834 tests. Can you please send me the PDF on DEV475 Course from IBM to my mail id clicksasi@gmail.com
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic