This week's book giveaway is in the Design forum.
We're giving away four copies of Design for the Mind and have Victor S. Yocco on-line!
See this thread for details.
Win a copy of Design for the Mind this week in the Design forum!
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic

WebService for checking a dictionary word

 
Rashmi Tambe
Ranch Hand
Posts: 418
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Hi all,
Does anybody know a webservice for checking whether a word belongs to a dictionary or not? I got one here, however, i am not able to generate the client jar for the same. I am using clientgen utility of Weblogic for generating the client jar from WSDL and it complains about WSDL format.

Any help would be appreciated.
 
Valentin Crettaz
Gold Digger
Sheriff
Posts: 7610
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
If you read the document "Programming Weblogic Web Services", you can read between the lines that the WSDL-based generation tools are not that solid yet. I have had many problems generating client stubs using remote WSDL files because those files where either not WSI-BP compliant or they were too tightly coupled to the service implementation language (in this case ASP.NET)

What kinds of errors are spit out by the clientgen task ?
 
Rashmi Tambe
Ranch Hand
Posts: 418
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
I get following error by after running clientgen -

 
Valentin Crettaz
Gold Digger
Sheriff
Posts: 7610
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
And how does your clientgen task look like?
Are you behind a firewall?
 
Rashmi Tambe
Ranch Hand
Posts: 418
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Actually weblogic provides an ant target 'clientgen' and i am using this target to generate the client jar. Instead of trying to hit the URL directly, I tried copying the WSDL on my local disk and then run the ant target against it. it did not work too

Clientgen is working for other WSDLs that I have.
 
Valentin Crettaz
Gold Digger
Sheriff
Posts: 7610
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
Could you copy paste the ant target here, I just would like to see which attributes you are setting...
 
Rashmi Tambe
Ranch Hand
Posts: 418
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
hi Valentine,
here is the ant build file i am using ...

<project name="generate-dictionary-client" default="dictionary.client">

<path id="clientgen.class.path">
<pathelement path="E:/bea81/weblogic81/server/lib/webserviceclient.jar" />
<pathelement path="E:/bea81/weblogic81/server/lib/webservices.jar" />
<pathelement path="E:/bea81/weblogic81/server/lib/weblogic.jar" />
</path>


<taskdef name="clientgen" classname="weblogic.ant.taskdefs.webservices.clientgen.ClientGenTask"
classpathref="clientgen.class.path"/>

<target name="dictionary.client">
<clientgen
wsdl="D:\Work\webservice\webservice\WSMTGDictionary.wsdl"
packageName="com.test.dictionary"
clientJar="dictionary-client.jar"
classpathref="clientgen.class.path"/>
</target>

</project>
 
Karthik Mohan
Greenhorn
Posts: 23
  • Mark post as helpful
  • send pies
  • Quote
  • Report post to moderator
The WSDL file retrieved from the URL is not a valid XML file. I tried to validate it using XMLSPY and validation failed. A WSDL file that was generated by weblogic's ant tasks validates fine with XMLSPY. So i guess there is something wrong with the way .NET generated the WSDL file (or it does not conform to STANDARDS .. adhering to MSFT's long standing traditions .. :-))
 
  • Post Reply
  • Bookmark Topic Watch Topic
  • New Topic