aspose file tools*
The moose likes Architect Certification (SCEA/OCMJEA) and the fly likes Passed and to share Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Certification » Architect Certification (SCEA/OCMJEA)
Bookmark "Passed and to share" Watch "Passed and to share" New topic
Author

Passed and to share

Derrick Zhuang
Greenhorn

Joined: Jul 29, 2004
Posts: 5
thanks everybody here, my result

Class Diagram (44 maximum) .......................... 30
Component Diagram (44 maximum) ...................... 40
Sequence/Colloboration Diagrams (12 maximum) ........ 12

can't believe lost 14 in class diagram , but anyway, passed

i spent about 60 hours with my 4 years work exp
one component diagram with about 20 components
one class diagram with about 70 classes
six seq diagrams
six pages (in word) of assumptions
readings: J2EE blue prints, core J2EE patterns, UML Distilled, GOF, and this forum

hope that helps, good luck!


SCJP, SCJD, SCBCD, SCWCD, SCEA, IBM XML
Parag Doshi
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 29, 2004
Posts: 317
Originally posted by Derrick Z:
thanks everybody here, my result

Class Diagram (44 maximum) .......................... 30
Component Diagram (44 maximum) ...................... 40
Sequence/Colloboration Diagrams (12 maximum) ........ 12

can't believe lost 14 in class diagram , but anyway, passed

i spent about 60 hours with my 4 years work exp
one component diagram with about 20 components
one class diagram with about 70 classes
six seq diagrams
six pages (in word) of assumptions
readings: J2EE blue prints, core J2EE patterns, UML Distilled, GOF, and this forum

hope that helps, good luck!


Congrats Derrick ! A pass is a pass and you should be happy with your accomplishment !
I had a question on your class diagram. You have mentioned 70 classes in your class diagram, did you also show all J2EE classes or just BDOM classes?

Parag
[ July 29, 2004: Message edited by: Parag Doshi ]
Kishore Dandu
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jul 10, 2001
Posts: 1934
Originally posted by Parag Doshi:


Congrats Derrick ! A pass is a pass and you should be happy with your accomplishment !
I had a question on your class diagram. You have mentioned 70 classes in your class diagram, did you also show all J2EE classes or just BDOM classes?

Parag

[ July 29, 2004: Message edited by: Parag Doshi ]


What is a BDOM class???


Kishore
SCJP, blog
Derrick Zhuang
Greenhorn

Joined: Jul 29, 2004
Posts: 5
What is a BDOM class???


that is my question too.

my class diagram only has those functional classes, no helper or util classes, it that what you ask?
Parag Doshi
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 29, 2004
Posts: 317
Originally posted by Derrick Z:


that is my question too.

my class diagram only has those functional classes, no helper or util classes, it that what you ask?


Sorry if it sounded confusing. I meant, Business Domain (BDOM) classes vs the processors, ejbs, service locators, business delegates, facades etc. The former are your core business objects and the latter are your J2EE classes which you use to implement the solution.

so, are the 70 classes your core business objects?

Parag
Derrick Zhuang
Greenhorn

Joined: Jul 29, 2004
Posts: 5
so BDOM includes entity beans and value objects?

my classes include all you mentioned, like controller, processor, BD, service locator, session facade, entity, dao, value objects ..., just no helper and util classes like in real application
James J Xu
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jul 07, 2004
Posts: 53
Originally posted by Derrick Z:
thanks everybody here, my result

i spent about 60 hours with my 4 years work exp
one component diagram with about 20 components
one class diagram with about 70 classes
six seq diagrams
six pages (in word) of assumptions
readings: J2EE blue prints, core J2EE patterns, UML Distilled, GOF, and this forum

hope that helps, good luck!


Derrick,
Congratulation! Good job!

For the component diagram you have, did you use package to group components?

Thanks,
Parag Doshi
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 29, 2004
Posts: 317
Originally posted by Derrick Z:
so BDOM includes entity beans and value objects?

my classes include all you mentioned, like controller, processor, BD, service locator, session facade, entity, dao, value objects ..., just no helper and util classes like in real application


Thanks Derrick. No, BDOM includes only the core business domain objects, it does not include facades, locators, daos, value objects etc.

Did you feel the need to change the business domain model to architect your solution? Things like changing cardinality, associations etc?

Parag
[ July 29, 2004: Message edited by: Parag Doshi ]
Derrick Zhuang
Greenhorn

Joined: Jul 29, 2004
Posts: 5
For the component diagram you have, did you use package to group components?


i didn't use package in my component diagram

Did you feel the need to change the business domain model to architect your solution? Things like changing cardinality, associations etc?


i did do some changes, i think as long as you can explain it in your assumptions, then should be ok, we are not domain expert anyway
Joyce Lee
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jul 11, 2003
Posts: 1392
Congratulations, Derrick!!!

Joyce
James J Xu
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jul 07, 2004
Posts: 53
Originally posted by Derrick Z:
[QB]one component diagram with about 20 components
one class diagram with about 70 classes
six seq diagrams
six pages (in word) of assumptions
[QB]


Derrick,
Would you share with us in your component diagram, how many EJB components you have? Do you include EJB pattern components?
Thanks.
peter wooster
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 13, 2004
Posts: 1033
Originally posted by Derrick Z:
... can't believe lost 14 in class diagram , but anyway, passed
... one class diagram with about 70 classes


Congratulation on the pass . I suspect is that it's the size of that class diagram that did it. I don't have the certs, but I do system design for pay and if I presented a diagram with 70 items in it my boss would say "too much detail!!" before I got to 20 items. This is architecture and should be done at what they call in the real world "architectural scale", don't worry about the bricks and mortar, worry about the overall structure, leave the small stuff to the developers.
 
I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools
 
subject: Passed and to share