First of all I'd like to thank everyone in this forum - you all have helped me a lot! Now I hope that my experience will help you!
Part 1 cleared with 93% and part 2 with 78.
I was hesitating about making changes in BDOM and decisded to do it, despite the fact that some people thought that this could lower the grade. Some changes in BDOM were conceptual changes to the meaning of business entities. In order to prevent me failing for doing that I have made sure to follow these rules: 1. Changed BDOM does not contradict original one, but rather extends it. 2. Changed BDOM can be referenced completely from Class Diagram. 3. Every change is carefully documented on BDOM and Class diagrams and explanations are added. 4. Client requirements are fully met.
Part 2 breakdown:
Class Diagram. --------------- 33 points. I had 4 diagrams: 1 General Cade type diagram, 1 EJB Tier, 1 Web Tier and 1 for Java Client
Component Diagram. ------------------ 35 points. I had 2 Diagrams broken by relevant Use Cases. Made silly mistake when showing relationship with external system. I had noticed this while prepering for part 3, so it was too late ... probably lost some points just for that.
Sequence Diagram. ----------------- 10 points. I had 5 diagrams. 1 for each use case, while I had to break one of them into 2 diagrams for readability.
I have used Start UML. It's good tool, but I didn't find there options to refer to external sequence diagram frames, so had to incorporate with Visio for final tuning...
Hope this helps to those of you who are in process. [ August 24, 2007: Message edited by: Eugene Yamnizky ]
Eugene Yamnizky<br />SCJP 1.4, SCEA
Joined: May 12, 2005
Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your experience.