aspose file tools*
The moose likes Architect Certification (SCEA/OCMJEA) and the fly likes chinatag SCEA5 exam simulator Big Moose Saloon
  Search | Java FAQ | Recent Topics | Flagged Topics | Hot Topics | Zero Replies
Register / Login
JavaRanch » Java Forums » Certification » Architect Certification (SCEA/OCMJEA)
Bookmark "chinatag SCEA5 exam simulator" Watch "chinatag SCEA5 exam simulator" New topic
Author

chinatag SCEA5 exam simulator

andre tavares
Greenhorn

Joined: May 19, 2008
Posts: 4
Hi all,

there is another exam simulator SCEA5 located at:

http://www.chinatag.com/certified-enterprise-architect-j2ee-p-1486.html?osCsid=09dea16db1a7880825dfd4cb3a5c6234


is there somebody that knows a bit more about this exam simulator, please ?

Thanks,

Andre
Ajay Singh Rathore
Ranch Hand

Joined: Mar 27, 2008
Posts: 64
I checked the demo questions they have given, they are looking good. Have anyone purchased this exam?
Ajay Singh Rathore
Ranch Hand

Joined: Mar 27, 2008
Posts: 64
Hi andre,
Did you purchase this exam simulator?
The sample questions are looking good.
Alex Sun
Ranch Hand

Joined: Mar 23, 2007
Posts: 42
I guess it is not a simulator, but a PDF file with question and answers.


SCJP 5
SCWCD 1.4
SCDJWS 1.4
SCBCD 5
SCEA 5 (Part 1 cleared)
IBM Certified Solution Developer - WPS 6.1
andre tavares
Greenhorn

Joined: May 19, 2008
Posts: 4
I want to take an exam simulator ... but I'm in doubt about the SCEA5 ePractice exam by Sun ( http://www.sun.com/training/catalog/courses/WGS-PREX-J052C.xml ) or the SCEA5 Chinatag ...

because we don't have any kind of official book about this certification, I think an exam simulator could help a lot ...

Andre
Jeff Walker
Ranch Hand

Joined: Apr 25, 2004
Posts: 116
Originally posted by andre tavares:
I want to take an exam simulator ... but I'm in doubt about the SCEA5 ePractice exam by Sun ( http://www.sun.com/training/catalog/courses/WGS-PREX-J052C.xml ) or the SCEA5 Chinatag ...

because we don't have any kind of official book about this certification, I think an exam simulator could help a lot ...

Andre


Well, it is a bit expensive at $55, but consider these two things
1. There are no other simulators out there that I'd trust, for SCEA5. The Chinatag one is just a pdf for $49. (Heck, I can write that and sell it for $25).
2. It is from Sun themselves. It will almost certainly give you a true feel of the type of questions that they will ask in the real exam.

The Sun ePractice is a bank of 120 questions, divided into two groups of 60. It is thus two online practice exams, setup like the real exam, and after you purchase it, it is available for 12 months via a username and pwd they send you. I obviously purchased it, but I haven't done it yet, because I am still catching up on EJB3 and JSF. (I will do the first practice exam with my books open, to see if I justify my answers. The second set of 60 questions I will attempt as a real exam).

Selina Tan (a previous poster from a few weeks ago), also purchased it for the same reason I did, You can ask her for her opinion. There are no other trustworthy simulators out there. Mikalai Zaikin is working on a high quality pdf question-answer document for the SCEA5, but it is only half done. I do recommend you read it. I have his exam notes for the SCDJWS and the SCEA5 and his work is usually high quality. I believe he charges $12 for the SCDJWS notes, and the SCEA5 I think is free? Mikalai, is that right?

Be careful handing your money over for junk, and what could be worse, junk that misleads you, costing you a $200 exam voucher if you fail.
Take care all of you,
-jeff
andre tavares
Greenhorn

Joined: May 19, 2008
Posts: 4
Hi Jeff,

I agree with you and I have decided to purchase Sun ePractice exam ... actually is the most trusted exam ...

you mentioned a person (Mikalai) who is working on a document for the SCEA5 exam ... if this document is for free, please could tell me how can I contact this person ?

thanks in advance,

Andre
Jeff Walker
Ranch Hand

Joined: Apr 25, 2004
Posts: 116
Originally posted by andre tavares:
Hi Jeff,

I agree with you and I have decided to purchase Sun ePractice exam ... actually is the most trusted exam ...

you mentioned a person (Mikalai) who is working on a document for the SCEA5 exam ... if this document is for free, please could tell me how can I contact this person ?

thanks in advance,

Andre



Andre,
I sent you a private email to your gmail account with the URL in it.
Regards,
-jeff
Mikalai Zaikin
Ranch Hand

Joined: Jun 04, 2002
Posts: 3211
    
    6
Sorry guys, I don't plan to update my SCEA 5 notes. (and they are only 10..15% complete.)

I would suggest you to wait for the SCEA 5 Guide from Cameron Wallace McKenzie (late summer or early autumn.)

good luck,
MZ


Free SCDJWS 5.0 Study Guide - SCDJWS 5.0 Quiz (How to get SCDJWS 5.0 Quiz)
Java Platform, Enterprise Edition 6 Web Services Developer Certified Expert Exam Study Guide and Quiz
Rodrigo Cunha
Ranch Hand

Joined: Mar 19, 2008
Posts: 44
I have contacted Whizlabs and they're going to release their SCEA 5 version of the exam simulator this June/2008. I believe it will be the most reliable simulator we will be having so far, besides the Sun's e-practice which I definetly found a bit weak (but again this is just my feeling, I haven't taken the exam so far therefore I wouldn't be the best person to evaluate it). But anyways, Whizlabs did a pretty good job on their last SCEA 1.4 simulator, so hope they won't let us down this time.

best regards and good luck getting certified.


Rodrigo Cunha<br />SCJP, SCWCD, SCEA5(I)
Deepak Bala
Bartender

Joined: Feb 24, 2006
Posts: 6661
    
    5

Originally posted by Rodrigo Cunha:
I have contacted Whizlabs and they're going to release their SCEA 5 version of the exam simulator this June/2008. I believe it will be the most reliable simulator we will be having so far, besides the Sun's e-practice which I definetly found a bit weak (but again this is just my feeling, I haven't taken the exam so far therefore I wouldn't be the best person to evaluate it). But anyways, Whizlabs did a pretty good job on their last SCEA 1.4 simulator, so hope they won't let us down this time.

best regards and good luck getting certified.


I dont know what makes you say they did a good job on the SCEA 1.4 simulator. Some questions were horrible and difficult to understand purely because they were framed very badly. It can give you a tangential taste of what to expect but the return on investment was very very bad.


SCJP 6 articles - SCJP 5/6 mock exams - More SCJP Mocks
Kumar Amit
Ranch Hand

Joined: Aug 13, 2001
Posts: 103
Hi Jeff

Can you also send me the URL for Mikalai Zaikin's work on question-answer document for the SCEA5

Regards

Amit


SCJP, SCJD, SCEA
Frank Lu
Greenhorn

Joined: Nov 03, 2006
Posts: 23
Originally posted by Rodrigo Cunha:
I have contacted Whizlabs and they're going to release their SCEA 5 version of the exam simulator this June/2008. I believe it will be the most reliable simulator we will be having so far, besides the Sun's e-practice which I definetly found a bit weak (but again this is just my feeling, I haven't taken the exam so far therefore I wouldn't be the best person to evaluate it). But anyways, Whizlabs did a pretty good job on their last SCEA 1.4 simulator, so hope they won't let us down this time.

best regards and good luck getting certified.


I have also confirmed with Whizlabs, the offcial release date will be on June 1st. I think it's ok to wait for just one more week.


SCJP<br />SCBCD <br />SCJD - 97.5%
Frank Lu
Greenhorn

Joined: Nov 03, 2006
Posts: 23
Originally posted by Jeff Walker:


Well, it is a bit expensive at $55, but consider these two things
1. There are no other simulators out there that I'd trust, for SCEA5. The Chinatag one is just a pdf for $49. (Heck, I can write that and sell it for $25).
2. It is from Sun themselves. It will almost certainly give you a true feel of the type of questions that they will ask in the real exam.

The Sun ePractice is a bank of 120 questions, divided into two groups of 60. It is thus two online practice exams, setup like the real exam, and after you purchase it, it is available for 12 months via a username and pwd they send you. I obviously purchased it, but I haven't done it yet, because I am still catching up on EJB3 and JSF. (I will do the first practice exam with my books open, to see if I justify my answers. The second set of 60 questions I will attempt as a real exam).

Selina Tan (a previous poster from a few weeks ago), also purchased it for the same reason I did, You can ask her for her opinion. There are no other trustworthy simulators out there. Mikalai Zaikin is working on a high quality pdf question-answer document for the SCEA5, but it is only half done. I do recommend you read it. I have his exam notes for the SCDJWS and the SCEA5 and his work is usually high quality. I believe he charges $12 for the SCDJWS notes, and the SCEA5 I think is free? Mikalai, is that right?

Be careful handing your money over for junk, and what could be worse, junk that misleads you, costing you a $200 exam voucher if you fail.
Take care all of you,
-jeff


The problem with Selina was that she barely passed her exam, so my feeling is that the ePractice exam didn't cover all the topics it supposed to.
Rodrigo Cunha
Ranch Hand

Joined: Mar 19, 2008
Posts: 44
Originally posted by John Meyers:


I dont know what makes you say they did a good job on the SCEA 1.4 simulator. Some questions were horrible and difficult to understand purely because they were framed very badly. It can give you a tangential taste of what to expect but the return on investment was very very bad.


Well, actually everyone I know that went over it and scored high did pretty good on the exam, some of the questions were very very close to what they faced on the real 1.4 exam.
 
I agree. Here's the link: http://aspose.com/file-tools
 
subject: chinatag SCEA5 exam simulator